• Sri Lanka

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PhatBoy

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
Interesting (but completely flawed) logic - unless you think the best team is the least volatile which is a crazy ranking system.
For some reason a host of experts said before the tournament that the West Indies are the dark horse.

They’re ranked 8th in the world and had to qualify

They are not a better team than 7 others. But everyone knows if they clicked for 7-8 games they would conceivably be good enough to win and that’s the logic those dark horse predictions are made on.

If I had to bet $10 on a side to win the tournament out of Bangladesh and Pakistan, I’d choose Pakistan. If I had to bet $10 on a side to make the semis I’d choose Bangladesh. It’s not really odd logic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PhatBoy

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
In horse racing a relative donkey in Fields of Omagh (donkey is disrespectful I guess) won two cox plates. On his day he was a superstar. During his first he beat Lonhro - easily the better horse. But he didn’t have THAT quality of run in him.

iluvparis

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Calgary Flames, Man Utd
In horse racing a relative donkey in Fields of Omagh (donkey is disrespectful I guess) won two cox plates. On his day he was a superstar. During his first he beat Lonhro - easily the better horse. But he didn’t have THAT quality of run in him.
Good example - what were the relative odds on the two horses every time they met - the better horse was shorter ;)

/discussion

Top Bottom