(Log in to remove this ad.)

SunGirl89

BOOO! BOOO! BOOO!
Feb 19, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Disappointing way to finish the game. Missed opportunity for a Jonty Rhodes run out.

10Dulkar

Team Captain
Jun 3, 2013
Peterborough
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, AZ
Shoaib Malik is very fortunate to have played the amount of international cricket he has. Very limited player and the 33 degree man with the ball.

Hafeez's dismissal was utterly deplorable for someone of his experience.

SunGirl89

BOOO! BOOO! BOOO!
Feb 19, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
So who misses out on the semi finals? West Indies?

omarlittle1

All Australian
Aug 1, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Not a hugely convincing win but we'll take it. A few major questions to solve yet. Will be interesting to see how we line up against Sri Lanka.

Tugga27

Club Legend
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Gutsy win by the boys.
Pakistan can be dangerous.

A few on here will still be upset.
Three from four but they will still bag Finch, Langer and the boys.

Badesumofu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Roger Federer
Glad I stayed up for that. Really gripping, see-sawing contest. Brilliant from Maxwell at the end.

Far Kern

Rat
Mar 24, 2016
Further
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Well Played Aussies, but CNC, Richardson and Maxi as third bowlers are weak links, also I don't see any superstar hitman batsman like Pandya or myself. This world cup will be very difficult maites
Agree.

Coulter-Nile and/or Mitch Marsh open with Starc at the other end. Cummins to third and to close with Starc. Mitch will score more than you at number six.

frankrizzo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 6, 2004
jfgjgfj
a lot has to go right for australia to go far this world cup. limping over the line like our performances in the 2011 world cup
I think our ceiling is a semi loss to england or India, no depth in the bowling and the batting is top heavy with a bunch of blokes who play the same role.

India have much better bowling than us and england have a flexibility and firepower we can't match with the bat, we aren't a bad side but it would need everything going our way to win this time.

DaRick

Premiership Player
Jan 12, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
(See avatar)
Yeah, a win's a win, but things aren't quite right for Australia at this WC.

The batting lineup isn't particularly well-balanced (not enough power hitters in general), so we wind up struggling to kick on at the death unless one of the tailenders pulls off a blinder.

We have little bowling depth, so we wind up bleeding runs and not penetrating enough when Starc/Cummins aren't bowling.

Our keeper is in a rut with the gloves.

At times Finch's shifting of the batting order has been a bit misguided. He should have introduced Maxwell before he actually did against India given that we were chasing a massive total, but against Pakistan he over-compensated by introducing him too early, which meant that Khawaja (not a big hitter) batted out part of the last 10.

Crusty Demon

Premiership Player
Sep 20, 2009
Ferntree Gully
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
a lot has to go right for australia to go far this world cup. limping over the line like our performances in the 2011 world cup
Yeah there just isn't the same confidence in this group. Cummins, Smith, Carey and Warner are solid. But every other player is flaky. Desperately needed a spinner to step up, Stoinis to be better and a Maxy in blistering form. Still time, and if we make Top 4 which we should, who knows. Hard to see us beating an India and England (or even NZ) two games in a row. Hopefully the middle order can find some form and we have 1 or 2 bowlers lift..

k31th

Club Legend
Sep 11, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Storm|V/OzCricket|NBA/L|NHL|V8|F1
a good win, even if a little bit misguided at the end.

Whiskers

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Huge couple of games coming up with India v NZ and Eng v WI but I suspect we will know what will be the top 4 by the weekend with a ton of games remaining.
The tournament is gonna drag but the next 2 games will be fun.

RohitSharma

Club Legend
Feb 17, 2015
Bandra
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Manchester United and Barcelona
Hi Guys, I need to call it a night. Wish me luck for tomorrow's match, I want to score a double ton tomorrow for you fans.

Crusty Demon

Premiership Player
Sep 20, 2009
Ferntree Gully
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
I think our ceiling is a semi loss to england or India, no depth in the bowling and the batting is top heavy with a bunch of blokes who play the same role.

India have much better bowling than us and england have a flexibility and firepower we can't match with the bat, we aren't a bad side but it would need everything going our way to win this time.
Agreed. And a semi final loss wouldn't be a horrible result for this team tbh. For us to sneak the Cup, we'd have to finish in a position where we play NZ in the Semi, then play a blinder in the final against a better line up in England or India.

Top Bottom