Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StillAtLarge

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Kiwis aren't in that class if we're being honest. They're in the 2nd level with us.
I think the kiwis are a point of difference to the other sides in that they have the ability to bowl teams out cheaply. They don't have the batting firepower or depth of an India/England but if conditions suit can take 10 wickets without conceding many runs and are disciplined enough to chase down moderate totals without fuss.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
Few too many bad balls from K Richardson at his pace, but some of the movement he got was nice.

Probably a good explainer as to why his FC record is ok without being great.

I had no idea this guy was in the squad and when I woke up on the couch all groggy after falling asleep during the game the other night I saw him bowling and thought 'holy crap, Jhye looks completely different with long hair!'

Ishikawa

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think the kiwis are a point of difference to the other sides in that they have the ability to bowl teams out cheaply. They don't have the batting firepower or depth of an India/England but if conditions suit can take 10 wickets without conceding many runs and are disciplined enough to chase down moderate totals without fuss.

Boult is a champion and Ferguson very underrated. Read an article too the other day on how successful Santner has been against the best batsmen of this current era, definitely more than he seems as well.

Agree that I'm not sure their batting is quite good enough to compete with India or England, but semi's definitely seems about their mark.

'Point of difference' is a good way of putting it. I said the other day that Australia is basically a worse India, but it's also a worse England. The batting style is like India's, but the batsmen aren't quite as good. The bowling style has a similar mix to England's. Those two qualities are the weaker aspects of the respective teams.

New Zealand isn't really like either of them, and that makes them more of a threat (at least in theory - we haven't seen them play any of the other likely top four yet).

Back