Votes: 3 27.3%
  • West Indies

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • The weather

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Perhaps.

But it took half an innings to realise that the bowling plan was a waste of time. Even then we didn’t make the adjustment.

It was putrid

The attack before the game was a waste of time you need some variety they are all similar bowlers

Therein lies the problem with having only one spinner - a rubbish one at that - in Nurse.

Surely even a rubbish one is better than 4 of the same bowlers though, Gayle being the so called spinner is a huge issue.

West Indies were bad last night. Like really really bad. There's a bit of talk around that England only have a plan A but my god West Indies proved themselves to be quite one-dimensional last night especially in their bowling.

And if the above seems familiar its because I have copied it word for word from what I said about the West Indies after the England game.

Yep, a team full of sloggers and short pitch bowlers. I'd love to know how many runs Bangladesh scored from back of the length bowling. My guess would be about 250. That's all they seem to know, short pitched bowling. And I'm still waiting for Russell to show me what all the fuss is all about.

Has to be one of the worst defences of a total in the history of the WC. 322 chased down with almost 9 overs to spare and 7 wickets in hand. Continued bowling short wide rubbish with limited cover square of the wicket and few in catching positions. No trust in spinners leaving them with a bunch of seamers whose idea of variation is to bowl shorter and faster.

Couple all that with some embarrassing miscommunications in the field taking away the opportunity to break up partnerships.

Appalling cricket all round. We’d have been torn apart by the media back home if we put in that turd of an effort.

That's down to the skipper. Sounds barmy!

Yep, a team full of sloggers and short pitch bowlers. I'd love to know how many runs Bangladesh scored from back of the length bowling. My guess would be about 250. That's all they seem to know, short pitched bowling. And I'm still waiting for Russell to show me what all the fuss is all about.

Someone clearly hasn’t been paying attention to their test side at all for the last 12 months.

Gabriel and Holder in particular are actual proper test match bowlers, Darren Bravo in literally his most recent test series played one of the slowest but most important half centuries for anyone in the last 5 years, Hope made 97 last night with only 5 boundaries, and Nicholas Pooran just in this tournament has played a handful of classy cameos that were anything but slog fests.

There is a shitload worth criticising about them but basically all I see in your posts is fairly solid evidence that their last 3 games are literally the only ones you’ve watched them play since the last World Cup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone clearly hasn’t been paying attention to their test side at all for the last 12 months.

Gabriel and Holder in particular are actual proper test match bowlers, Darren Bravo in literally his most recent test series played one of the slowest but most important half centuries for anyone in the last 5 years, Hope made 97 last night with only 5 boundaries, and Nicholas Pooran just in this tournament has played a handful of classy cameos that were anything but slog fests.

There is a ****load worth criticising about them but basically all I see in your posts is fairly solid evidence that their last 3 games are literally the only ones you’ve watched them play since the last World Cup.

Certainly a better Test team than ODI.

Certainly a better Test team than ODI.

Agreed, but they split their series with England and also took their series in India to a fifth match before that.

They desperately need an elite spinner - hello Sunil Narine - and while I don’t blame them for not picking pollard or Bravo, I would like one of them for their variety

165 wickets at an economy rate of 4.7 would suggest otherwise, despite his relative lack of any real bowling ability in his current state

You guys need to win remaining matches and Dre Russ shouldn't be playing just because of his past glory. He looks unfit

Agreed, but they split their series with England and also took their series in India to a fifth match before that.

They desperately need an elite spinner - hello Sunil Narine - and while I don’t blame them for not picking pollard or Bravo, I would like one of them for their variety

Where is Sunil Narine? If he was playing then Bangladesh wouldn't have chased that total

His knees are absolutely f***ed but he is bowling mid 140s and before last night had actually been bowling reasonably well.

Don't worry mate, there's still a chance. Who would have thought Bangladesh will play bouncers and short balls so well, also luck was in their favor, Shakib would have been out 5 times in any given day, the ball was just landing in the boundary instead of the fielders hands. Luck played a big favor for Bangladesh but they looked more hungry for the win, dived around and their medium trundlers troubling a batsman like Gayle was something i have never seen before.

Next match, they need to kick out Bravo and play another seamer also Kemar Roach over Gabriel, 3 sixes in a row to Gabriel and he isn't a slow bowler, 145 kph

190 from this:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/26995997/west-indies-go-short-only-come-short

When West Indies bowled, they went with the short ball, as that is what their attack is set up for. And they used it relentlessly, their pacers bowled tonnes of short-of-a-length and short balls, and Bangladesh scored 190 from them

Back