World Cup Day 31 Australia v New Zealand @ Lords

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

That game suited Khawaja no pressure to score runs fast just stay in and do his bit.
NZ really should put more pressure on after having Us 5/90.
They must of thought they would chase down that total.

The biggest WTF was the skipper bowler who cost his team the game.That over was super costly.
I bet he got no sleep and was peas and carrots with his teamates.

Have to give credit to the Australian bowlers. I knew they’d be decent but I didn’t think they’d be this good

Starc is arguably the best ODI bowler of the modern era.

Had to be fairly predictable.

Not when he averaged 37 in 2018.

He’s a superstar no doubt. But one superstar in questionable form didn’t lead me to believe the entire attack would be as solid as it has been.

Yeah fair enough, but his World Cup record is ridiculous and proof enough that he’s probably the best ODI WC bowler ever, now by lifting again for this one.

Shane Warne quietly seething given Khawaja batted well today
Batted well? According to some of the brains trust in here he batted horribly :drunk:

Then again there are some posters who are clearly only happy when hurling s**t. I have doubts they’d even crack a smile if we won the tournament. They’d probably just complain about the middle order underperforming.

Batted well? According to some of the brains trust in here he batted horribly :drunk:

Then again there are some posters who are clearly only happy when hurling ****. I have doubts they’d even crack a smile if we won the tournament. They’d probably just complain about the middle order underperforming.

Even after his knock you had people saying he is a lazy cricketer and selfish never mind he sacrificed his wicket multiple times in this wc trying to lift a sluggish run rate.

At this point you have to say these people simply won't be happy until he is out of the test and odi side what he does on the field won't change their minds.

As far as stoinis goes I think we should dump him and pick a bowler or a batsman depending on the deck.

Maxwell can cover his overs on decks like this one and we can strengthen the batting with marsh or if the pitches flatten out for knockout games we back ncn at seven and play 4 quicks and Lyon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I,ve alway been unable to understand why he hasn,t bowled more. Last night was no surprise to me.
You're right about him being touted as a future all-rounder (batsman/leggie) way back, but weren't you even a l-i-t-t-l-e surprised when he bowled off-spin in his second over?
I was.
Paid off, too, when de Grandhomme hit a half-volley to Khawaja. Finch said thanks Steve, that'll do, and Smith didn't get another over, lol.

What we wouldn’t give for a young Andrew Symonds or Shane Watson atm.

Stoinis and Maxwell are really the only two concerns at the moment.

There’s no one to fill maxwells role in the team though

He’s the bludger to come in with less than 10 to go

We have no one else (in the squad) unfortunately

What would that role be? Contribute once every 20 games?
On his day I am aware what he could do, but he is more likely to cost you a game than win you one.
Marsh must come in and that means either Maxwell or Stoinis can’t play.
Maxwell would be gone in my opinion.
Like you said the squad dictates things and they are winning carrying a couple of players at the minute. They will probs not change but surely the coaches must realise playing 4 recognised top order batsman could bite them in the ass when it matters.
They are getting it done right now though, thanks to the bowlers.

It’s a such a crazy thought considering where we were a few years ago, but Wade really is the perfect type for #5 given his form over the last 2 years.

What would that role be? Contribute once every 20 games?
On his day I am aware what he could do, but he is more likely to cost you a game than win you one.
Marsh must come in and that means either Maxwell or Stoinis can’t play.
Maxwell would be gone in my opinion.
Like you said the squad dictates things and they are winning carrying a couple of players at the minute. They will probs not change but surely the coaches must realise playing 4 recognised top order batsman could bite them in the ass when it matters.
They are getting it done right now though, thanks to the bowlers.
Marsh coming in for Maxwell makes more sense because Stoinis’s bowling is harder to replace than Maxwell’s batting. But they aren’t going to pull that trigger simply because of what Maxwell can do that 1 in 20 times.

Marsh coming in for Maxwell makes more sense because Stoinis’s bowling is harder to replace than Maxwell’s batting. But they aren’t going to pull that trigger simply because of what Maxwell can do that 1 in 20 times.

Maxwell has only failed the last 2 innings with the bat,did what he was asked in other games.Get runs in a hurry in the last few overs,doubt whether Stoinis or Marsh could do that.Maxwell a better bowler then Stoinis and the best fieldsman in the team.

You have got the wrong Marsh....Mitch should be coming in for stoinis...good game last night 3/43 and 53no off 51 for Aus A

But not even in the squad

The batting balance is still all wrong IMO and we are going to cop it come the knockout stage ..unless the middle order can do something which I am not confident of atm

Looking at that Australia A game good to see Pucovski open and get runs and Wade continue on his merry way with the bat.Yes if you could select a new 15 man squad right now for the world cup I would have M.Marsh in replace of Stoinis and perhaps even Wade in for Maxwell but the latter weakens our fielding and even our bowling.We are on top of the table,in the semi finals and I am confident the current squad can win us the World Cup.

Is it any surprise that Australia's bowling got better the instant they took Cummins off the new ball? He's such a waste with his random bang it in technique and lack of thought/plan on getting someone out.

Tad harsh...Cummins is going okay and it does suit our side with him coming on as 2nd change

For me it looks like Patrick is getting a bit tired and he is losing a bit of pace....has been a big 12 months for him and he has been outstanding for us. Might be worth considering resting Cummins for South africa

I would like to see Cummins develop a bit more variery...his back of the length is good consisitent but its a bit of the same...Stokes worked it out last game and took to him a bit. Early on in the tournament Cummins was using his bouncer more...this has sort of left him

Just would like to see a nice slower bowl and to mix it up more...but overall he is still a gun

Back