Adelaide Hawk

Hall of Famer
Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
They dumped it due to camera costs but surely they can pony up the money once every four years?

Fair enough it might be cost prohibitive for every series but they are all raking in that Indian tv money from this comp and could spare a few bucks for the technology.
I fail to understand why it entail more camera costs. When there's a review, they always show if there's a no-ball, so there's a camera in place already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

frankrizzo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 6, 2004
jfgjgfj
I fail to understand why it entail more camera costs. When there's a review, they always show if there's a no-ball, so there's a camera in place already.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/white-line-icc-no-to-technology-as-umpires-urged-to-keep-eye-on-ball-20181211-p50li0.html

This is the article that explains the ICC position which basically seems to be there aren't that many no balls so stuff paying out for somebody to watch for them, it does seem odd though aren't the side cameras there for most big series anyway? Why does an extra umpire need to do this job when the third umpire could do it?

BlueandGoldforever

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
So, how many more chances does Khawaja get? For some reason he struggles at no.3 in the ODI’s.

I think he should get one more chance if he scores under 30, as he looked rattled against the West Indies.

Marsh should be batting no.3 but he might not even play a game.

Ohitsthatguy

Team Captain
Feb 18, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
They don't want to bring in camera for no balls because they're worried about the on-field umpire having too little to do and from there they think it's a slippery slope to automated umpires. Guarantee it.

Doodlesweaver

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 17, 2010
London
AFL Club
Fremantle
So, how many more chances does Khawaja get? For some reason he struggles at no.3 in the ODI’s.

I think he should get one more chance if he scores under 30, as he looked rattled against the West Indies.

Marsh should be batting no.3 but he might not even play a game.
Look I like Shaun Marsh, but I don't think he's likely to do better than Khawaja. He's a bloody nervous starter, that's for sure.

Moonwatcher

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 14, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
In what way is opening different to going in at 3 when our opening batsmen get out in the 5th anyway?

Kram

I'll brik u
May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
How many times has the 99 WC been replayed lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cold Sober

Premiership Player
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man U .White Sox;Storm,Victory
Gayle is the luckiest sonoffabich I've seen to have a 150km thunderbolt hit a stump so hard it is audible 22m away and still not have a bail displaced? Hardly say he's hard done by. Also re the no ball... the flipside is the Windies bowling literally dozens of bumper wides not pinged. At least 20+ free runs and 20+ fewer balls we didnt get.
Bloody good call ol mate

Burtonsgottago

Senior List
May 5, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
The umpires were rubbish yesterday and deserved criticism but live I thought Gayle's LBW looked pretty good to hit leg. On replay not as out as it looked first up but still shown to be hitting the stumps, imo absolutely nothing wrong with that decision at all in isolation.

Didn't stop Holding whinging about it though.
Holding is a massive whinger. Fortunately for him it gets mostly hidden by his Jamaican tones. If he spoke with a Yorkshire accent he’d be insufferable. Offers very little commendation to the opposition also.

Burtonsgottago

Senior List
May 5, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Um, any proof of that? Gayle is the only one in that side who ever shoots his mouth off, and with 20 years of international cricket behind him, two test triple hundreds, an odi double century and a host of T20 records that will never be broken he’s probably entitled to it.

It’s lieteally a week since their captain, one of the most humble men in the world of cricket, said, and I quote, ‘we have no expectations’

Jesus think before you type
No one is entitled to it. Not even the self proclaimed “Universe Boss”

Leeda

Talons B Sharp
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Ash B,Roger, Serena, Rafa, Novak,
We don't want the caravan um carribean queens to rest on their manicured nails.
Nice work boys

Leeda

Talons B Sharp
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Ash B,Roger, Serena, Rafa, Novak,
100% agreed both Marsh boys should be in the side. Mitch is a lot better than Stoinis and Shaun has a brilliant ODI record
No stoinis is multi functional..he wants to be a part

Andy_H

Draftee
Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
I would be concerned about Warner not less or even more than about Khawaja. Expected Warner be at his best with bat more often in crutial innings with strong opponents and under pressure.

JimDocker

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Doncaster Rovers, Boston Celtics
Holding is a massive whinger. Fortunately for him it gets mostly hidden by his Jamaican tones. If he spoke with a Yorkshire accent he’d be insufferable. Offers very little commendation to the opposition also.
Nothing wrong with Yorkshire accents cock.

Top Bottom