World Cup Day 8 Australia v West Indies @ Trent Bridge

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mildly surprised at how many people seem to be high on the West Indies after the warm-ups and their thumping of Pakistan, this would be a good opportunity for them to show whether those people are right.

They also tied a series with England in the Caribbean earlier this year. They're getting to the point where their best beats anyone and their best is occuring more often, making them a legitimate threat.

They could easily implode though, there's not much margin for error in their batting or their bowling.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
They also tied a series with England in the Caribbean earlier this year. They're getting to the point where their best beats anyone and their best is occuring more often, making them a legitimate threat.

They could easily implode though, there's not much margin for error in their batting or their bowling.

Our bowling is a real weakness. Batting wise hope in particular and to a lesser extent holder and chase if he plays can go to plan b and bat time for a 280 score.

The bowling is all or nothing though

Our bowling is a real weakness. Batting wise hope in particular and to a lesser extent holder and chase if he plays can go to plan b and bat time for a 280 score.

The bowling is all or nothing though

The fast bowlers have good variety, but you'd kill for a wicket-taking spinner. Nurse does a job, but is nothing special.

Alfonz

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
I would think it is likely the Windies will have a good day at least once against the top 3 fancied sides. Hopefully we're not the ones who get hit with Gayle/Russell going berserk and they save that for England.

Fagan Pride

All Australian
Apr 27, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Should coast to a comfortable victory tonight. One final warm up game before we play some decent opposition on the weekend.

joff

Premium Platinum
Jan 3, 2011
oz
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hopefully Gayle plays he's impressive when on song and I love to see the Windies doing well, just not against us, looking forward to this one

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
Limit Gayle to under 30 runs, and stop the over use of the Short ball and we should win.
Trent bridge hasn't been kind to us over the years, intrested to see how the pitch plays.

Fagan Pride

All Australian
Apr 27, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Totally agree. After wiping the floor with Pakistan ideally we’d be playing someone half decent to follow up but the draw isn’t in our favour
Not sure if you can face anyone better than the current World Cup Champions who are the form team of the World Cup.

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Obvious but a must win for us given how tight it will most likely be to make the top 4.

Must win so we don't get screwed by a wash out somewhere but which teams can you see making it tight for the top 4?

England, India, Australia.

NZ can grind out a spot.

After that it is basically if WI or Pak can perform for more than 1 game in a row which I wouldn't be betting on.

Fagan Pride

All Australian
Apr 27, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
West Indies aren’t the world champions though so I don’t really understand
If you don’t consider the form team of the comp who are the current World Cup holders as ‘half decent’, than I suppose all 10 sides are rubbish!

May the best team win. Really hope we bat first tonight. Don’t really want to see us chase another sub par total.

Fagan Pride

All Australian
Apr 27, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
In other news, what are South Africa thinking?!

BF25688C-9B80-4CFE-A557-C714DA82A7E6.jpeg

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
If you don’t consider the form team of the comp who are the current World Cup holders as ‘half decent’, than I suppose all 10 sides are rubbish!

May the best team win. Really hope we bat first tonight. Don’t really want to see us chase another sub par total.

And you’re describing the only team to square a series with England in the last two and a half years as a minnow basically.
We bowled out a side who has made 340 4 times in a row against England for 108 five days ago. Careful what you wish for.

Back