World Cup Final New Zealand v England Sunday July 14 @ Lords

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So it's come down to this and the only thing we know for sure is that we'll see a new world champion crowned sometime in the wee smalls of Monday morning, weather permitting. All the pressure is on the English with the EnZeders comfortable underdog a position they are both comfortable and familiar with. Lots hope the weather smiles on us and we see a good game. Until then, enjoy and Go You Kiwis!!

Oct 3, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Cubs
NEW ZEALAND.png

Poms will start favourites and have more individual talent, but the kiwis will fight hard. Williamson and Taylor are their key players to set up or chase a total.

Bloody hell 3 of the 5 major world cups this year could be a Poms v Kiwi final ( Rugby + Netball)

So if it is a wash out over the 2 days and they have to declare joint winners: How much does that take away from the achievement? In my own morbid and somewhat spiteful way I'd like it if they both had to share their first world cup triumphs. It'd really give the banter some ammunition with the * next to their claim to glory, they could never fully claim it as their own :p

But on a more purist front I'm hoping the pitch has something in it and we get to find out which is better: The best batting side in the cup or the best bowling side. Hopefully we get the first truly great World Cup final but I do feel England is the more complete side and it will show.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Hope the pitch has a bit in it for the bowlers. If it's a road I can't see NZ winning

The pitches at Lord's usually have a bit in it for the bowlers, they aren't roads like you get at The Oval so that might give NZ a chance, if it's a road England would probably win comfortably as they have the stronger batting line up but NZ has the edge on England with their bowlers or at the least can match them.

StingBitten

The Midland Steal
May 31, 2012
Bayswater
AFL Club
Fremantle
Prefer NZ cricket fans to All Blacks supporters, which makes rooting for them hard when you know they could take two titles by the end of the year.

AB supporters are rightfully arrogant, but they're continued rationalization as being the best 'just cuz' makes no sense. They refuse to acknowledge that Rugby Union is a 5th choice sport in Australia, and at least a 2nd or 3rd choice in other nations. Not to deny their excellence but their entire nation has this grand narrative when it comes to being the Kings of rugby.

Hadn’t noticed Tucker, probably those 2 with Dar as Tv umpire and Kumar as reserve. Funny, of the 8 umpires who did the semi finals in those spots, 4 are ineligible due to no home town umpires. Another thing India have ruined

Nah England ruined it by getting to the final, robbing us of another fine Kettlebot performance

Back