Socceroos World Cup Qualifier Asian Play-Off Australia V United Arab Emirates

Remove this Banner Ad

286745264_4745297585574552_3094738343518496337_n.jpg

I think the road ends here against a team with home ground advantage however if we can pinch the win we might have a chance against Peru as we've played in the middle east in some games during qualification. Missing out might lead to actual meaningful changes tho. However starting 2026 its a 48 team format and I seriously doubt we'll ever miss qualifying again.
A recent Socceroos fan then?
If it’s bad & possible we will do it!

Duke went to the press conference which would suggest strong chance he is starting up front. Our campaign really started running off the rails when Soutter got injured, this might be the final straw. A Degenek-Wright combo isn’t very inspiring

$4.75 for UAE seems very attractive odds to me playing against this outfit. Watch them score early, then spend the rest of the match diving and get rewarded by the ref, while the Socceroos blow chance after chance. UAE 2/0.

A recent Socceroos fan then?
If it’s bad & possible we will do it!
Even with an average team we still make the final stages of qualification, with four or so more spots we should make it every WC now. Even if they merge the OFC with the AFC (brings in New Zealand) and Russia end up joining the AFC too (saw a rumour on reddit that Russia might switch confederations, I cant remember the reason tho).

I'd still lean towards the UAE given how uninspiring our squad is, but we may be a chance to grind out a game and possibly have the edge in ET and penalties.

If they score first though it's all over IMO. We don't have the talent to chase the game and will no doubt cop another on the counter, not to mention they will flop and roll around for the entirety of the game after it, and you just know how that plays out.

Does Arnie even keep his job if we do fluke our way in? I’d like to think not. Becomes a lot more attractive to candidates

Unless he walks away by choice, football Australia ain't spending the coin to sack him. In fact they won't spend the money on a top talent to replace him either.

$4.75 for UAE seems very attractive odds to me playing against this outfit. Watch them score early, then spend the rest of the match diving and get rewarded by the ref, while the Socceroos blow chance after chance. UAE 2/0.

Crazy how short the odds are, seriously who frames these markets? If you were putting up a poll doubt many of us expect to progress tonight.... But hey, weirder things have happened.

Hours away from a knock out final where a win keeps our world cup dream alive and I've tuned into friendlies with more enthusiasm than I have for tonight's game. We could be a decade away from getting things in order and even that feels optimistic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This match has stunk so far.

Interesting fact - it’s still almost exclusively kebab hour on Uber eats. I thought it might be bakery o’clock by now :(

Look very vulnerable down Atkinson flank
being absolutely torched down there

worst thing is our lack of options there too, definitely prefer Karacic right now

current mindset is glad not down 1-0

It’s like we get into the front 3rd and then mangle it . Lucky their winger down the left has tried to walk it into the net . Look more afraid to lose than try to win .

UAE with the better chances. Ref helping us. We've been lucky so far.

There are about five guys I think could score for us, currently none of them are up forward or on the pitch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back