Socceroos World Cup Qualifier Intercontinental Play-Off Peru V Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The negativity on this board and certain other forums over the past week or two has been a sight to behold.

Look how many of you were predicting a loss to the UAE a week ago, and here you are doing the same thing again.

This is a 50/50 game against decent but hardly world-beating opposition, in conditions which suit our team, not theirs.

If it were a two-leg home-away tie, sure, Peru deserve to be favourites, because this Aus team is fairly ordinary and Peru have done well of late.

But it is a one-off match being played in the middle east, with all the pressure which comes with a WC birth (and the resulting $$$).

My theory is that the lockdowns and other things over the past couple of years have left Aussies feeling more hopeless than they realise.

I'm not joking, either. You guys sound cooked. But you'll jump on the bandwagon again soon enough :thumbsu:

Thought I didn’t care, given my dislike for Arnold, for Qatar’s record on human rights & worker safety, and for the way the 2022 World Cup was awarded.

But here we are at 2.30am and I’ve not slept a wink cos of the nerves and anticipation.

What’s the update re: Chile? Is there any chance we’ll get screwed into having to go through a do-over?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Peru are a far sight better than UAE.

Did you miss the point being made?

People here were saying the UAE were too good for Australia. Saying the same s**t they are about Peru.

This is a Peru side who had one shot on goal against New Zealand a week ago, lol.

We're not talking about Argentina or Brazil. It's Peru ffs.

50/50 game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Duke must have some very revealing nudes on Arnold … even if he scores tonight I’ll never understand the fascination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back