Socceroos World Cup Qualifiers Third Round - Australia V Japan/Saudi Arabia

Remove this Banner Ad

In a 1 off game or knock out game it gives the weaker opposition a chance to qualify, no doubt.

Thats why Australia should not be ruled out despite last nights loss.
Don’t look further then 3rd place Asian first.
If it’s UAE, no doubt they’ll park the bus and use their time wasting. Asia is hard, always tricky

Add insult, Saudis drew with China overnight. Probably knew and just took it easy. Had Australia won, would’ve been On 18 points with Japan and Saudi Arabia 20.

Japan in Tokyo changed everything. Did remember the Japanese coach was going to be sacked if they drew or loss. They were only 1 win up to that point. Australia had something of a 10 point gap then.
Time flies

Add insult, Saudis drew with China overnight. Probably knew and just took it easy. Had Australia won, would’ve been On 18 points with Japan and Saudi Arabia 20.

Japan in Tokyo changed everything. Did remember the Japanese coach was going to be sacked if they drew or loss. They were only 1 win up to that point. Australia had something of a 10 point gap then.
Time flies
And now I want the Japanese coach to coach us

Potentially a better chance that it will be Iraq instead of UAE in the playoff. Iraq 1 point behind UAE going into the last match. UAE have Korea and Iraq play Syria. Either way will be tough, and we're gonna have to pull our fingers out and do something to get the result

Even more interesting is the South American table. Peru sitting 5th, but Colombia have come out of nowhere, with Chile still able to take the spot too

Potentially a better chance that it will be Iraq instead of UAE in the playoff. Iraq 1 point behind UAE going into the last match. UAE have Korea and Iraq play Syria. Either way will be tough, and we're gonna have to pull our fingers out and do something to get the result

Even more interesting is the South American table. Peru sitting 5th, but Colombia have come out of nowhere, with Chile still able to take the spot too

I love Luis Diaz, but I shudder to think what he would do to us in a World Cup play off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back