Socceroos World Cup Qualifiers Third Round - Australia V Oman/Japan

Remove this Banner Ad

Deserved to lose, could have got away with a point.seen many many unjust results in football.

But the crap Harper and Hill were spouting about being unlucky not to win is frankly delusional.

We needed to drop the anchor after getting all square. Long ball no risk.

At the end the right team won. Japan has the players to be a top 20 team in the world. They probably need a world class manager to take them to the next level.

Another Arnie masterclass.
Let’s go all out attack rather than park the bus. Utter fraud

All well and good for the media to blow smoke up his arse after a record streak but forgetting we played Kuwait twice, Taiwan twice, Nepal twice, Jordan twice, China, Vietnam and Oman. Finally played a decent team and he got exposed massively.

Sainsbury to blame there, just way too passive.
You'd assume the attacker was 40 foot offside by the way Sainsbury reacted, not that he was actually infront of him. Horrific stuff.
Insanity the way we played it after getting 1-1. We just can not defend it seems
We had to sit back at 1-1. Why go for it? Just shocking management.
Yep. Ryan the only player to try and slow it down at the end, why Arnold wasn't passing that message on to the rest of the team is frustrating. A complete lack of understanding about the situation. A point there goes a long, long way to qualification.

We had to sit back at 1-1. Why go for it? Just shocking management.
Yeh I called that out at around 78 minutes. Be aware of the big picture we should have been making defensive changes to leave with a point and we are in a really powerful position with our main nemesis still stuck on 1 point from the campaign.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was Ryan's fault. Should have got a stronger hand to it

No way. Ryan was full stretch with a big, reflexive leap and it hit his fingertips.

As much as I want to blame Behich after a woeful game, that goal was Sainsburys fault and he knew it. Allowed his opponent to bring down and control the ball without competing for it and then left a massive path to goal by trying to block a squaring pass which made no sense from that position.

Deserved to lose, could have got away with a point.seen many many unjust results in football.

But the crap Harper and Hill were spouting about being unlucky not to win is frankly delusional.

We needed to drop the anchor after getting all square. Long ball no risk.
Harper saying we should go for the win and inflict some psychological damage is some proper 12 year old playing FIFA type s**t.

Yeh I called that out at around 78 minutes. Be aware of the big picture we should have been making defensive changes to leave with a point and we are in a really powerful position with our main nemesis still stuck on 1 point from the campaign.
If we make the world cup and play like that we will be embarrassed. We need to be able to defend a lead or a draw. Everything was on Japan to win, if we had sat back we would have had several opportunities and probably won the game.

I like Arnold and I really like the way we are playing but tonight was just ridiculous. The team needs to havre a defensive system. How you go all out attack at 1-1 away against Japan is just absolutely beyond me.

Japan has players playing regularly in club football or those at competitive European teams.
Australia had probably half starting XI not even playing. That’s the different in class.
Matt Ryan isn’t getting a game. Sainsbury is playing at a lower level in Israel. Behich has completely gone backwards.

We have one player that is a regular in the 4 big leagues. Was also the one that provided the quality free kick.

Used to be able to have half to 2 thirds of the team that would be in those leagues.
Yes IMO this recent era is the most talent devoid Socceroos squad I can remember.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back