World Cup Semi Final 1 Tuesday 9 July; India v New Zealand @ Old Trafford.

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Excellent that the pools and the Super six have been scrapped but now all four teams have the ability to win on the day and overall, all four deserve to be there. It will be a cracker game if NZ bring their A game.

So much sport on this weekend, last night it was difficult to watch Dogs/Cats, Aus/SA and the Tour De France whilst keeping the family entertained.

Even if they can get Kohli and Rohit out cheaply I think New Zealand still have to bank on Williamson and Taylor both going big to have any chance. Should be an easy win for India (although if they're chasing can't rule out Dhoni tanking the innings to bring it down to the wire).

Our best chance is another washout but I imagine India would go through to the final in that case since they are the higher ranked team.
Your best chance is McCullum to stop hiding up in the commentary box and dust of the pads to open the batting for one last time.

The one you have right now has played 71 ODI innings since the 2015 World Cup. In 44 of them, he has had to bat in the first five overs.

Probably too late to change strategy now but probably got to the point where you might as well open with Kane and hope that the opportunity to flog a slightly used ball(s) will bring the beast back out of Guptill.

Would be great to see Ferguson back fit and firing and alongside Boult lead them to a long-awaited world title.

Kohli and Williamson at the u/19 World Cup in 2008.

D-9ktAIU8AANSPP

I don't buy this one sided affair assessment. New Zealand, through Boult are probably in with the best chance of anyone to knock over Sharma early and Ferguson is perfect for the middle overs (it's no surprise Australia has improved since adjusting Cummins to the same role). Santner is bowling superbly too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't buy this one sided affair assessment. New Zealand, through Boult are probably in with the best chance of anyone to knock over Sharma early and Ferguson is perfect for the middle overs (it's no surprise Australia has improved since adjusting Cummins to the same role). Santner is bowling superbly too.

I'm buying absolute mountains of it.

India win this easily - especially if they bat first.

Guptill is due, why I'm not going to write NZ off just yet

Anything can happen on the day

Guptil looks utterly cooked. It’s Williamson and Taylor or broke again

I agree. NZ can win this.

Our best chance is another washout but I imagine India would go through to the final in that case since they are the higher ranked team.
All the pressure is on India tonight. NZ can go out and play with a little bit of freedom, as silly as it sounds for a World Cup Semi Final

Kohli and Williamson at the u/19 World Cup in 2008.

D-9ktAIU8AANSPP
It's pretty funny to look back at this tournament for a laugh. For Australia, a team containing Smith, Hazlewood, Hughes, Pattinson, Stoinis and Faulkner was captained by the great Michael Hill and we got pumped by Pakistan who had Umar Akmal as their fifth bowling option. Stoinis was an opening batsman who didn't bowl and made scores of 0,0 and 4n.o.

Tim Southee batting 5 for NZ in a semi-final. Wayne Parnell looking to be potentially the greatest all-rounder of all time.

It's pretty funny to look back at this tournament for a laugh. For Australia, a team containing Smith, Hazlewood, Hughes, Pattinson, Stoinis and Faulkner was captained by the great Michael Hill and we got pumped by Pakistan who had Umar Akmal as their fifth bowling option. Stoinis was an opening batsman who didn't bowl and made scores of 0,0 and 4n.o.

Tim Southee batting 5 for NZ in a semi-final. Wayne Parnell looking to be potentially the greatest all-rounder of all time.

So he hasn't come far since then from the looks of it.

Good Daiii Maiites, Kiwi curry will be served shortly. Stay tuned

Yeah, we had a lot of top end talent in 2008 but didn't get the results as a team like in 2010.

Back