World doping news

Remove this Banner Ad

Wtf
A touch of 72 olympics
basketball final

Canada robbed of bronze

International skating’s governing body on Tuesday stripped Russia of its victory in the team figure skating event at the 2022 Beijing Olympics and awarded the gold medal to the United States. The move came one day after the teenage Russian star Kamila Valieva, who had led her team to an apparent victory in the team event, was banned for four years for doping.
But rather than disqualify Russia’s team for including an ineligible skater, the governing body, the International Skating Union, adjusted the results of the competition in a way that awarded Russia the bronze medal instead.
In a statement announcing the revised results, the skating union said that it had disqualified Valieva and dismissed all the points she had accumulated. Those alterations, it said, put the United States in first, with Japan second and Russia third.
But in a curious bit of math, the I.S.U. adjusted only the final team totals for each country when it reordered the standings. By not elevating the individual points collected by each team’s women’s singles skaters at the same time, it left Canada, which had been expecting to rise to the bronze, in fourth place — a single point behind Russia.

^
Should add that I can only see him breaking the WR with the suit + drugs.
Don’t think any amount of steroids would overcome the fact he’s past his physical peak.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a goose, guess his reputation isn't really that great anyway. Stupidest part is he thinks he will just dope and get the time. He will have to train just as hard as he did at his peak. I think the shorter distance event will make doping less of an advantage. Technological advancements with suit design would probably get a bigger advantage than doping a former athlete with naturally declining Vo2.

What a goose, guess his reputation isn't really that great anyway. Stupidest part is he thinks he will just dope and get the time. He will have to train just as hard as he did at his peak. I think the shorter distance event will make doping less of an advantage. Technological advancements with suit design would probably get a bigger advantage than doping a former athlete with naturally declining Vo2.

VO2 is irrelevant for the 50m (iirc top athletes these days do it without breathing?).
It’s the natural decline in speed/power as you age that will hurt him most as PEDs don’t seem to offset that.
If these untested games attract former athletes I can see it helping more strength based (weightlifting*, shot out etc) and endurance based (marathon, triathlon etc) than short duration/burst sports (sprinting, high jump etc).

*given about 70% dope anyway it probably doesnt matter lol

Last edited:
VO2 is irrelevant for the 50m (iirc top athletes these days do it without breathing?).
It’s the natural decline in speed/power as you age that will hurt him most as PEDs don’t seem to offset that.
If these untested games attract former athletes I can see it helping more strength based (weightlifting*, shot out etc) and endurance based (marathon, triathlon etc) than short duration/burst sports (sprinting, high jump etc).

*given about 70% dope anyway it probably does matter lol

He's also only 32, people talking as though he's 45.

Cam McEvoy does pretty minimal actual swimming volume, mostly it's strength work and when he does swim it's all at maximum speed basically. Steroids (and others) allowing you to do that style of training but recover much faster.

I will laugh a bit when they allow these guys to go all-out doping only to discover they're not smashing world records because so many top athletes IMO are doing at least grey area things if not just outright doping.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back