Golf World Golf thread - Foreign and Domestic

Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Very emotional speech
Certainly was - the mules on Tour carry a heavy burden. Dream life as he said, but so much career uncertainty over such a long time can't be easy. Now he has a few years of certainty and some serious opportunities to make cash.

Contrast that with someone like Baddeley. Was set up nicely then chucked in a 40 on the front 9 on Saturday. Sitting at 103 in the FedEx Cup. He will likely be grinding all year - as he has done for most of the second half of his career. Still, how good would that be?!

Woody15

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Certainly was - the mules on Tour carry a heavy burden. Dream life as he said, but so much career uncertainty over such a long time can't be easy. Now he has a few years of certainty and some serious opportunities to make cash.

Contrast that with someone like Baddeley. Was set up nicely then chucked in a 40 on the front 9 on Saturday. Sitting at 103 in the FedEx Cup. He will likely be grinding all year - as he has done for most of the second half of his career. Still, how good would that be?!
This is a fantastic example of why I am invested so much more in the competition of the PGAT. Watching hs interview, winning meant so much more for Malnati than just cash. Tour card. Qualification to Masters and other events. It was truly meaningful for him given the events of the past few years. As a fan, this is so much more fulfilling for me personally.

Malnati is so likeable. About as interesting as a plank of wood on the surface but kind of appeals to the golf nuffies amongst us with this trademark bucket hat and yellow ball. Probably the last golfer on tour you would read about "off the course". Just a good bloke.

Oct 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth
This is a fantastic example of why I am invested so much more in the competition of the PGAT. Watching hs interview, winning meant so much more for Malnati than just cash. Tour card. Qualification to Masters and other events. It was truly meaningful for him given the events of the past few years. As a fan, this is so much more fulfilling for me personally.

Malnati is so likeable. About as interesting as a plank of wood on the surface but kind of appeals to the golf nuffies amongst us with this trademark bucket hat and yellow ball. Probably the last golfer on tour you would read about "off the course". Just a good bloke.

Isn't he one of the player directors trying to put a deal together with the Cash(PIF) as we speak?

Seriously though yes it's good watching these guys have a win, a couple of them win an event every year. always good stories.

Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

You are selling Peppy Pete short. His press conference performance at The Players was exceptionally interesting. In a stream of consciousness kind of way. I read this morning his reason for the yellow ball. His 3 year old likes it, so it gives him a smile or two on course. Cool.

Oct 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth
You are selling Peppy Pete short. His press conference performance at The Players was exceptionally interesting. In a stream of consciousness kind of way. I read this morning his reason for the yellow ball. His 3 year old likes it, so it gives him a smile or two on course. Cool.

I noticed last year at the masters the older players all used a yellow ball. I wondered at the time if they had been instructed to do so.
Langer, Couples, Omeara, Olozabel, Singh etc all used yellow balls yet they don't in the champions league.

Woody15

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Oh yeh I know. I saw that interview. You know what I mean. Hes not a bum on seats type of sportsperson.

Loved his explanation with the yellow ball. Just a down to earth guy. Its refreshing.

Ive actaully considered the yellow ball myself. My eyes are shot.

Oct 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth
Oh yeh I know. I saw that interview. You know what I mean. Hes not a bum on seats type of sportsperson.

Loved his explanation with the yellow ball. Just a down to earth guy. Its refreshing.

I purchased a 12 pack but I just could not see them in the air. Easy to find on the ground but I just kept losing them in the air.
Back to white I went

Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

I have one brand new yellow Pro V1. I found it. Can't bring myself to use it.

Sep 16, 2010
Coastal cruiser
AFL Club
Carlton

Yeah i lose sight of them after 250

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool

I use a yellow Callaway ball

The Talent Scout

Team Captain
Nov 12, 2023
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
west adelaide fc
BEN COLEY
J. Day
S. Theegala
K. Mitchell
R. Hoey
P. Coodey

STEVE PALMER
W. Clark
S.Theegala
S.W. Kim
M. Hughes

PGA TOUR
A. Noren $8 at $34
S.W. Kim $10 at $29
D. Ghim $5 at $51
S. Jaeger $10 at $41
P. Rodgers $5 at $51
S. Theegala $15 at $17

LPGA TOUR
B.M. Henderson $10 at $21
Alison Lee $10 at $26
R. Zhang $10 at $26
L. Li $5 at $67

DP WORLD TOUR
G. Migliozzi $5 at $51
E. Ferguson $10 at $21
R. Mansell $10 at $26

outlay $113

Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
BEN COLEY
J. Day
S. Theegala
K. Mitchell
R. Hoey
P. Coodey

STEVE PALMER
W. Clark
S.Theegala
S.W. Kim
M. Hughes

PGA TOUR
A. Noren $8 at $34
S.W. Kim $10 at $29
D. Ghim $5 at $51
S. Jaeger $10 at $41
P. Rodgers $5 at $51
S. Theegala $15 at $17

LPGA TOUR
B.M. Henderson $10 at $21
Alison Lee $10 at $26
R. Zhang $10 at $26
L. Li $5 at $67

DP WORLD TOUR
G. Migliozzi $5 at $51
E. Ferguson $10 at $21
R. Mansell $10 at $26

outlay $113

Didn’t you make a collect? Cmon, do a bit of skiting!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

BEN COLEY
J. Day
S. Theegala
K. Mitchell
R. Hoey
P. Coodey

STEVE PALMER
W. Clark
S.Theegala
S.W. Kim
M. Hughes