Golf World Golf thread - Foreign and Domestic

Remove this Banner Ad

AmericanCrow has reacted to my posts itt, and has drawn me here again.

Reading my post acknowledging that I'm maybe a campaigner clogging up the thread with not so serious golf topics. I thought I'd say this. Without looking it up. I know Todd Hamilton won the 2003 British Open, and Angel Cabrera won the US Open at Oakmont.

Are you impressed with my knowledge?

Ben Curtis won the 2003 British Open, Todd Hamilton won it in 2004. And I did that without looking it up.....

Surely consideration has to be given to qualifiers for 2020 when it comes to carrying over.

I mean it's a ton of work to grind qualification flying all over the world with your caddy and spending months away from family just for a chance to play in the big one.

Ben Curtis won the 2003 British Open, Todd Hamilton won it in 2004. And I did that without looking it up.....
In 2004 they even made a movie about Hamiltons younger days. Winning a date with Todd Hamilton

Lucky I didn't try to name which year Cabrera won the US Open.

Padraig Harrington has won the British Open twice. Once at Carnoustie, and I won't try with the other.

i even forgot Cabby won a masters too!

If you have Foxtel/Kayo, they are showing a charity skins match between Mcilroy,Fowler Johnson and someone else at Seminole Golf Club. Seminole is one of the best courses in the world and ultra private.
It's on at 6:30.

If you have Foxtel/Kayo, they are showing a charity skins match between Mcilroy,Fowler Johnson and someone else at Seminole Golf Club. Seminole is one of the best courses in the world and ultra private.
It's on at 6:30.
Was great to see Seminole for the first time. As you say it is super private and long in the top 20 courses in the world.

Course at 6800 yards was ludicrously short for these guys. Every par 4 was driver pitch as expected. Some of the par 3's were great to see played and terrific to watch these guys carrying their own bags. Speed of play was a highlight.

Was great to see Seminole for the first time. As you say it is super private and long in the top 20 courses in the world.

Course at 6800 yards was ludicrously short for these guys. Every par 4 was driver pitch as expected. Some of the par 3's were great to see played and terrific to watch these guys carrying their own bags. Speed of play was a highlight.
Yeah good to see it for the first time. I may be wrong but I think I saw that it was lengthened to 7200 odd yards for this.
It will host the Walker Cup next year so we'll see it again.
Carrying their own bags, playing fast and in shorts all good to see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I gotta admit, I could not stay tuned in to the golf. You would think at least one of them would have been entertaining but it was pretty damn bland

Gotta agree.

Banter was basically non existent. Golf was alright but nothing special.

The best part were Rickie’s irons. They looked even better than the photos.

I gotta admit, I could not stay tuned in to the golf. You would think at least one of them would have been entertaining but it was pretty damn bland
The two obvious problems were:

- there was ultimately no money on the line for them so basically an absence of pressure
- there was no fan noise meaning it felt like a social game

Personally I'd rather yesterday than the horrendous contrived Match last year with Tiger and Phil. Or anything involving Phil for that matter.

The coverage was awful, who thought getting Bill Murray and Trump to call in would captivate the audience? It literally put me back to sleep.
Not to mention Taylor Made man Jon Rahm dialling in for the most crass example of ambush marketing seen since Nick Riewoldt appearing On the Couch sporting a NIKE cap.

It's like exhibition matches in tennis. Doesn't mean anything if there's no real points/money involved

It's like exhibition matches in tennis. Doesn't mean anything if there's no real points/money involved

Yes, but you don’t need to play for something real to be entertaining. Long after they were done, Connors and McEnroe held quite entertaining exhibition matches.

These boys had the personalities of an old wet sock

Yes, but you don’t need to play for something real to be entertaining. Long after they were done, Connors and McEnroe held quite entertaining exhibition matches.

These boys had the personalities of an old wet sock

That’s DJ all day everyday. Rory doesn’t seem like too much of an extrovert either.

Was expecting more from Fowler and Wolff in the way of sledging.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back