Golf World Golf thread - Foreign and Domestic

Remove this Banner Ad

Whatever donation he made to this Sheriff’s re-election campaign must have been something to behold...lol

Whatever donation he made to this Sheriff’s re-election campaign must have been something to behold...lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watch this boys and girls. This is what you can do,when you're on the roids👍.

He will be toast with that kind of swing anyhow.

Very short career lifespan I wager

Tiger Woods’s late February car crash in Southern California was caused by Woods driving at an unsafe speed and by an inability to negotiate a curve in the road, according to findings released Wednesday after a lengthy delay by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.

Woods was traveling between 84 and 87 mph in a 45-mph zone when his Genesis SUV hit the median, and the vehicle was traveling 75 mph when it skidded, hit a tree and launched airborne before settling into a ditch, department officials said.
A data recorder in the car showed no braking during the collision and that the accelerator was pressed at 99 percent capacity, which led investigators to speculate Woods panicked and pressed the gas pedal rather than the brake pedal.

Woods was not issued a citation or charged with reckless driving. Despite recording data showing excessive speed, Sheriff Alex Villanueva said a ticket can be issued without witnesses. A reckless driving charge would require more than one infraction.

“The decision not to issue a citation would be the same thing for anyone in this room,” Villanueva said to a roomful of reporters and cameramen. “The inference he is somehow special is false.”
How Rolling Hills Estates residents woke up to the Tiger Woods crash: ‘Oh no, another one’
Woods has no recollection of the crash, Capt. James Power said, and was in “a state of shock” when responders reached the scene.
Villanueva reiterated Woods showed no signs of impairment from either drugs or alcohol. Woods would have been subject to a toxicology report at the hospital where his injuries were treated, but the department did not seek a warrant for the report. Investigators did not have the “building blocks” for probable cause, Villanueva said.

“I am so grateful to both of the good Samaritans who came to assist me and called 911,” Woods wrote in a statement. Woods also thanked responders from the Sheriff’s Department, Los Angeles Fire Department and paramedics “for helping me so expertly at the scene and getting me safely to the hospital.”

“I will continue to focus on my recovery and family, and thank everyone for the overwhelming support and encouragement I’ve received throughout this very difficult time,” Woods wrote.

The horrifying one-car accident, which caused extensive damage to Woods’s leg and left his vehicle crumpled and turned over in a roadside ditch in a ritzy suburb, removed any chance Woods, 45, could return from back surgery to play in the Masters tournament, which starts Thursday. Woods has won the crown jewel even five times, most recently in 2019 to culminate an epic comeback from personal demons and physical trauma.

The crash happened the day after Woods hosted — but did not play in — the Genesis Open in Los Angeles. He was driving to a film shoot at Rolling Hills Country Club, about four miles away from the intersection of Hawthorne Boulevard and Blackhorse Road in Rancho Palos Verdes, Calif. His Genesis SUV hopped the median and rolled into an embankment. Investigators found no tire tracks or signs of braking until the car hit the median.

The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department’s handling of the crash raised questions. The day after Woods’s crash, Villanueva called it “purely an accident” and ruled out alcohol or drug use as a factor. The first responder to the scene did not give Woods a field sobriety test or other tests to determine if he was under the influence. A drug-recognition expert did not evaluate Woods.
In 2017, Woods was arrested and charged with DUI in Florida. A toxicology report showed five drugs in his system, including a sleep aid and two painkillers, one of them an opioid. Woods checked himself into a clinic for help in dealing with his use of pain medication. Woods’s history would not contribute to probable cause to access a toxicology report, Villanueva said.

Last week, Villanueva said detectives had determined the cause of the crash but the department would not release it because of privacy issues. Earlier in March, Villanueva had vowed to release details of the crash when available. He cited a California code that required consent from Woods to publicize some details.

“We have reached out to Tiger Woods and his personnel,” Villanueva said last week. “There’s some privacy issues on releasing information on the investigation, so we’re going to ask them if they waive the privacy and then we will be able to do a full release on all the information regarding the accident.”
Woods cooperated with investigators and gave permission to the Sheriff’s Department to release information about the crash, Villanueva said.

The crash eliminated Woods’s short-term golfing future and threw his long-term playing career into question. Woods’s right leg shattered. He suffered comminuted open fractures to the tibia and fibula, which means both major bones in his lower right leg broke into multiple pieces and poked through the skin, which increased the threat of infection. Trauma surgeons fastened his leg and ankle together with metal rods, pins and screws.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back