Golf World Golf thread - Foreign and Domestic

Remove this Banner Ad

I disagree, he broke the rules. That’s one rule that I definitely agree with.

A two shot penalty for moving about 3 grains of sand accidentally is reasonable? Yet these pros are allowed all these bullshit drops if they get anywhere near a grandstand or path or anything else that doesnt give them a perfectly manicured lie.

They can even replace their ball on the green if they “accidentally” smash it in their practice swing.

I disagree, he broke the rules. That’s one rule that I definitely agree with.
He was only penalised because they ruled it would have been visible to the naked eye. That's my biggest beef with it all. Obviously I have no idea if Ancer knew he touched the sand or not but you can't honestly tell me that it would have been clearly visible to the naked ye. Hell, I had to watch it a number of times with a closeup replay to figure out what actually happened.

A two shot penalty for moving about 3 grains of sand accidentally is reasonable? Yet these pros are allowed all these bullshit drops if they get anywhere near a grandstand or path or anything else that doesnt give them a perfectly manicured lie.

They can even replace their ball on the green if they “accidentally” smash it in their practice swing.
He was only penalised because they ruled it would have been visible to the naked eye. That's my biggest beef with it all. Obviously I have no idea if Ancer knew he touched the sand or not but you can't honestly tell me that it would have been clearly visible to the naked ye. Hell, I had to watch it a number of times with a closeup replay to figure out what actually happened.
I can see both your sides of the story but the rule has to be black and white. Ancer didn’t have to get the club so close to the sand. Do I think that he cheated? No.

Justin Roses' lead is massive. Ive seen scores like this get run down pretty easily though. If he can finish up around -3 for the day he will be hard to catch I would've thought.

Justin Roses' lead is massive. Ive seen scores like this get run down pretty easily though. If he can finish up around -3 for the day he will be hard to catch I would've thought.

Kind of conditions where a tournament ending blow up hole can be just around the corner

Anyone got a way of watching? Why the hell are they showing practise on foxtel?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zalatoris has game. a name we will be hearing a lot of in the next decade.

Looks very comfortable in the company he’s in.

Would be great to see a first timer salute, even more so that he wasn’t even on tour in 2019.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back