Golf World Golf thread - Foreign and Domestic

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm totally against the ball roll back.
I'd propose far greater risk reward for those wanting to hit bombs, longer rough from 290-370m. Narrow the fairways in that distance range as well
I would shudder to think how St Andrews and Royal Melbourne would look with narrow fairways and heavy rough everywhere.

I would shudder to think how St Andrews and Royal Melbourne would look with narrow fairways and heavy rough everywhere.
Yep,

Will make players play more strategic of the tee if the penalty is there.

Just a Thought

I'm sure the players 20 years ago were having the same conversations on how to change things to stop technology, i'm ok with the idea of improving things via technology, you can't sit still, everyone has the same access to modern technology.

What ever you change, people will always be looking for ways to work around it to improve it, one thing i would like to see is firmer greens possibly to make it harder for players to go at, soft greens IMO make it far to easy for players, but i'm sure the players would soon work out a way around it.

I'm sure the players 20 years ago were having the same conversations on how to change things to stop technology, i'm ok with the idea of improving things via technology, you can't sit still, everyone has the same access to modern technology.
Using this logic would you be cool with Major League Baseball allowing aluminium bats to be used - thereby turning games into a veritable Home Run Derby?

I would love to see a tournament where the players could only use Hickory clubs from back in the day

Just be curious to see how they navigated courses that they could no longer overpower

The ball roll back would be toxic for golfers like myself who don’t hit it a long way. Pardon the pun 😜
I like the run in my golf game, except when the ball runs into the s**t

I would love to see a tournament where the players could only use Hickory clubs from back in the day

Just be curious to see how they navigated courses that they could no longer overpower

An associate of mine who used to caddie on the tour believes at least one event should provide players with one type of ball. a la tennis tourneys.

It would never happen on the PGA tour but i'd love it if there was more in game match play and prop bets and the players were mic'd up. Like a Tiger vs Phil but have 5 pairings or three balls and a mixture of men and women.

One hold where they can only use one club, side bets for closest to the pin etc.

More likely the equipment is rolled back for professional golfers rather than recreational players.
I wish they didn’t ban the trampoline drivers at the start of the century. They should have allowed them to be used in amateur club events. I played with a fellow leftie who had the Callaway ERC II. I hit it on the last hole and even though I miss hit it it went further than I had ever hit one on that hole before. 😍
I was just about to spend $700 on one when I found out that they were going to be banned. 🤬

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would never happen on the PGA tour but i'd love it if there was more in game match play and prop bets and the players were mic'd up. Like a Tiger vs Phil but have 5 pairings or three balls and a mixture of men and women.

One hold where they can only use one club, side bets for closest to the pin etc.
Reckon you'll see a bit more in the way of left field formats if the Premier Golf League takes hold. Let's face it anything has to be more interesting than the current PGA Tour wraparound schedule with endless numbers of boring 72 hole tournaments.

More likely the equipment is rolled back for professional golfers rather than recreational players.
Bifurcation for golf balls has been rejected in the past,but it's something i'd like to see at the very least. It's tiresome watching pros hitting wedges into greens. Shot values have to be restored to a lot of courses when the pros come to town.

We've seen Augusta spending millions lengthening their course. The 13th has been extended by buying property from a course next to it. It's ridiculous,but they had to do so and they can afford it.

I've just noticed that Foxtel are televising the QLD PGA from the Toowoomba City Golf Club. Is that from your neck of the woods, Lebbo?
ABC showing chicks golf at Royal Adelaide as well

After some high drama in regulation and the playoff holes, Michael Sim beats Scott Arnold on the fourth playoff hole to win the Qld PGA. They kept playing the 18th as that’s where the marquee was set up. Both these golfers are good mates and they were both supposed to be driving back to the Gold Coast in the same car yesterday. They’re heading to the Sunshine Coast on Wednesday for another event.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back