Golf World Golf thread - Foreign and Domestic

Oct 6, 2017
All over the place
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool Boston Celtics Victory
I am convinced he is on the juice, and it has nothing to do with his roid induced tantrum.

The stark and incredibly off the charts jump in his driving distance is simply not natural.

Drove the ball 367 yards on 18–roughly 20-25 yards clear of every other professional playing.

There is no way he is not juiced to the gills.

Exactly like Lance used to outpace others at Tour de France by an unnatural amount.

If it sounds to good to be true, it ain’t.

Waiting on the first fellow pro to have guts to question this.

Nobody will question it, can't critize fellow players, just look at cam Smith and the reed incident

Whether he's doping or not, it's been fun

Yes, Smith showed real courage and I admire him for that. It might be fun but it is still cheating no different than Reed and arguably worse

Oct 6, 2017
All over the place
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool Boston Celtics Victory
“You know, I've often heard these stories of athletes adding several pounds of muscle in a short amount of time but most people in the body-building business will tell you that adding 25 pounds of muscle in an entire year is extremely difficult.

And this man added 20 in three months? That's a lot of protein shakes.”

Funny thing. He concludes with " i'm not accusing him ". :D I'm guessing he will get a cease and desist letter from Mr PED's lawyer pretty soon.
As for the PGA Tour saying they test for performance enhancing drugs,I'm going to be cynical and say, the PGA Tour are gutless and probably don't want to know if he's on something.

Funny thing. He concludes with " i'm not accusing him ". :D I'm guessing he will get a cease and desist letter from Mr PED's lawyer pretty soon.
As for the PGA Tour saying they test for performance enhancing drugs,I'm going to be cynical and say, the PGA Tour are gutless and probably don't want to know if he's on something.

Lance was supposedly tested all the time as well. Pretty clear there are plenty of ways around it and I have zero doubt Bryson is smart enough to do a work around too.

I know in the NFL you have to be an absolute complete moron to get caught as per the rules there are certain windows when testing is done.

Same with baseball.

Random testing in those sports are only employed when you have been caught once.

Haven’t seen testing rules for golf but I imagine every single player knows way in advance of the windows.

This will get interesting next year. If you are sitting at 125-175 in the rankings, the pressure to start using PEDs will ramp up—seeing what it did for Bryson, if my tour card depends on getting up the list, why wouldn’t I give it a go now?

Major props to Morikawa on his win at Muirfield Village today.

Huge clutch putt on first playoff hole from 24 feet after Thomas drained a 50 footer

Especially impressive after he butchered his first playoff a few weeks back.

Nice 10 on 15th at MV for “enhanced” physique boy.

Should be a fun weekend, I like that they made the course up with major conditions for this week.

Should get punished if you are inaccurate off the tee

Jul 5, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Nice 10 on 15th at MV for “enhanced” physique boy.

Should be a fun weekend, I like that they made the course up with major conditions for this week.

Should get punished if you are inaccurate off the tee
The rules official must have been crapping his pants. Bryson was really dirty on his ruling.

The rules official must have been crapping his pants. Bryson was really dirty on his ruling.

I used to think he was interesting with his wanting to try different ways to approach the game.

Then he started playing slower than molasses and I found him annoying.

Now with his physical “enhancements” I have lost all patience with him.

I do enjoy guys that are not cookie cutter cutouts or that try new things.

But getting jacked is neither a novel approach nor interesting. Every sport known to man has those guys.

Jul 5, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
I used to think he was interesting with his wanting to try different ways to approach the game.

Then he started playing slower than molasses and I found him annoying.

Now with his physical “enhancements” I have lost all patience with him.

I do enjoy guys that are not cookie cutter cutouts or that try new things.

But getting jacked is neither a novel approach nor interesting. Every sport known to man has those guys.
I saw a video of, I think it was Brayden Thornberry...very unusual. Korn Ferry Tour.

Last edited:

Wally Walpamur

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don’t mind Bryson. He can act like a petulant little kid but I like that he’s pushing the envelope to get the most out of his game and it seems to be working.

There is something beautiful, though, watching someone like Adam Scott’s swing. Poetry in motion. Pity he can’t putt though. He should’ve won more majors with his talent.

I don’t mind Bryson. He can act like a petulant little kid but I like that he’s pushing the envelope to get the most out of his game and it seems to be working.

There is something beautiful, though, watching someone like Adam Scott’s swing. Poetry in motion. Pity he can’t putt though. He should’ve won more majors with his talent.

We just disagree on definition of pushing the envelope. If it was the one length clubs, etc...you and I agree.

Almost certainly his immediate and striking physical change is chemically induced.

That is not pushing the envelope to me. It is cheating, same as Lance Armstrong—same as Mark McGwire. Same as thousands of guys across the globe.

So far, no positive tests and good on him that he can avoid that (for now). But we also know lack of positive tests doesn’t mean crap.

My eyes tell me it isn’t kosher based on my experience with baseball. Saw plenty of players who showed up in February for training camp that looked nothing like they did in October the previous year. They too, had wonderful stories of how a new training regimen added the muscle.

Bryson showing up in June looking nothing like he did in February makes me very very suspicious. Drives significantly further than his fellow pros don’t exactly make me less suspicious.

Last edited:

Wally Walpamur

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
We just disagree on definition of pushing the envelope. If it was the one length clubs, etc...you and I agree.

Almost certainly his immediate and striking physical change is chemically induced.

That is not pushing the envelope to me. It is cheating, same as Lance Armstrong—same as Mark McGwire. Same as thousands of guys across the globe.

So far, no positive tests and good on him that he can avoid that (for now). But we also know lack of positive tests doesn’t mean crap.

My eyes tell me it isn’t kosher based on my experience with baseball. Saw plenty of players who showed up in February for training camp that looked nothing like they did in October the previous year. They too, had wonderful stories of how a new training regimen added the muscle.

Bryson showing up in June looking nothing like he did in February makes me very very suspicious. Drives significantly further than his fellow pros don’t exactly make me less suspicious.
I agree that if he’s on the juice, his success doesn’t mean anything but I support the idea of becoming stronger within the WADA code to get an advantage on his other competitors.

Back