Golf World Golf thread - Foreign and Domestic

Remove this Banner Ad

Its a consistent measure used by the pga

If however we want to head to the long drive championship then let's try

If Rory Mc at 5ft 7" and BDC were on a tee and just told
How far can you drive?

Rory would out drive him almost religiously

I've sat and watched Zac Murray hit 360metre bombs around his home course, and that's with not much run
Min Woo Lee who's 60kgs hits it 330metres

When Arnie Palmer arrived he hit it further than anyone, Norman the same and Tiger was simply better yet none of these guys were accused of "enhancing "

BDC has always been different he's dedicated to HIS process and this week it worked for him

As for Tiger—you damn well know there was similar whispers.

The difference between the people you mentioned and BAD is really simple.

BAD’s improvement coincided at age 27–28. After a diet of “protein shakes”.

He didn’t hit the ball with nearly the club head speed and distance he does today.

The jump was immediate.

Not out of bounds to seriously question it. Comparing him to the others is not a like comparison

As for Tiger—you damn well know there was similar whispers.

The difference between the people you mentioned and BAD is really simple.

BAD’s improvement coincided at age 27–28. After a diet of “protein shakes”.

He didn’t hit the ball with nearly the club head speed and distance he does today.

The jump was immediate.

Not out of bounds to seriously question it. Comparing him to the others is not a like comparison

Its all relative,
Smart golfers identify a weakness and work on it.
Agreed this normally takes months/years - possibly due to limited time because of playing schedule, who knows

Tiger got stronger, one of the first to hit the gym - I think it'll come out one day that it was due to his vanity and desire to shag glamours on the side
Rory is ripped - was a twig when he started
John Daly got fat and used that weight as momentum
DJ took to the nose beers to settle his nerves
BDC identified he was being outdriven, solution, bulk up get stronger, swing harder & use a 5.5 degree driver and practice wedges out of s**t lies.
Its BDC method done over 3 months, possibly due to lockdown/opportunity
Its different- but NOTHING in golf has ever been the same every player practices for different amounts use different equipment, train differently

but we feel compelled to compare then question when the unusual happens.

BDC is not Jansher Khan 😄

Its all relative,
Smart golfers identify a weakness and work on it.
Agreed this normally takes months/years - possibly due to limited time because of playing schedule, who knows

Tiger got stronger, one of the first to hit the gym - I think it'll come out one day that it was due to his vanity and desire to shag glamours on the side
Rory is ripped - was a twig when he started
John Daly got fat and used that weight as momentum
DJ took to the nose beers to settle his nerves
BDC identified he was being outdriven, solution, bulk up get stronger, swing harder & use a 5.5 degree driver and practice wedges out of sh*t lies.
Its BDC method done over 3 months, possibly due to lockdown/opportunity
Its different- but NOTHING in golf has ever been the same every player practices for different amounts use different equipment, train differently

but we feel compelled to compare then question when the unusual happens.

BDC is not Jansher Khan 😄

We will disagree on how BAD managed to achieve his improvement.

I am not questioning his work ethic to improve—I question whether the distance and club head speed was work ethic and not some chemical help.

I agree he worked on his rough play ahead of the open and he was very smart to do so.

But as someone who lives in the rough—I think we can agree, it is advantageous to be using a wedge out of that stuff as opposed to a 5 iron.

Especially at the professional level.

He dominated Sunday. He was most consistent all weekend.

I definitely don’t like him most especially for his crying for drops all the time—but the guy wins.

Bottom line business—so good on him.

But I don’t and won’t ever buy the protein shake bit.

I will take your word on the squash comparison. Lol

I can’t wait to see Bryson with his 48” driver at The Masters. He said he’s aiming to get it 370-380 yards 😳

As I said in an earlier post, I respect that he identified he needed to hit the ball further to get an advantage on the field, worked to put the weight on for the power and now decimated what was meant to be a course that couldn’t be bombed and gouged.

Everything he’s doing will be commonplace in the next 10-15 years once juniors see what he’s doing, teaches will be teaching swing speed rather than a ‘textbook’ swing technique.

It’s not out of the question BDC wins the next two majors (The Masters back to back). After that, people will really be sitting up and paying attention.

Jennifer Song really really really annoys me. I was watching the ladies open where she wasted 10 or more minutes getting a ruling...stuffing around...changing clubs....waiting for wind to stop etc. to go on to top her shot. I laughed and I think her playing partners were pissing themselves too internally. Everytime I see those yellow glasses it riles me.

I can’t wait to see Bryson with his 48” driver at The Masters. He said he’s aiming to get it 370-380 yards 😳

As I said in an earlier post, I respect that he identified he needed to hit the ball further to get an advantage on the field, worked to put the weight on for the power and now decimated what was meant to be a course that couldn’t be bombed and gouged.

Everything he’s doing will be commonplace in the next 10-15 years once juniors see what he’s doing, teaches will be teaching swing speed rather than a ‘textbook’ swing technique.

It’s not out of the question BDC wins the next two majors (The Masters back to back). After that, people will really be sitting up and paying attention.

By common place you mean his “enhancement regime” of course

;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I have said this before...but I will say it again. I am not really a fan of the mens courses on the US tour, except Augusta...I am talking visually on TV. But the courses the women play on are rippers to look at. Reynolds Lake Oconee is another cracker. Maybe the eye candy with clubs in their hands cloud my judgement a bit.

Last edited:
Fri 13/11 - 5-9.30am

Sat 14/11 - 5-9.30am

Sun 15/11 - 5-9am

Mon 16/11 - 2-7am

For those in Australia

Having work at 6am on a Monday makes this a very tough choice....

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back