Golf World Golf thread - Foreign and Domestic

Remove this Banner Ad

Why is that bad?
Narrow fairways eliminate strategy and playing angles.

Soft greens negate the contours and potential for imaginative approaches to interesting pin locations.

Hopefully the wind blows up a bit to add some interest otherwise it'll play like any other dime a dozen pga tour course. Just next to Lake Michigan.

I reckon it's terrific that the PGA Tour season has started back up. I was really starting to miss it.

It was a really long off-season this year

It was a really long off-season this year

It always feels like the part of the season before the January Hawaiian tournaments are like the practice matches with the newer members of the tour cashing in. Things get real early in the New Year.

Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 11.12.29 am.png
s-l400.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 11.12.59 am.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meanwhile there’s a quality tournament being played over 3 of the best links courses in the world on the European tour.

Agree, I enjoy the European Tour and watch a lot of it.

I was just commenting on the fact this field had so many names I had never heard of before which is unusual.

I really enjoy watching the LPGA. Those women are phenomenal golfers.

I laugh at all the amatuer golfers who think they could beat a LPGA pro; the would wipe the floor with us and would win by 5+ strokes without trying too hard.

I really enjoy watching the LPGA. Those women are phenomenal golfers.

I laugh at all the amatuer golfers who think they could beat a LPGA pro; the would wipe the floor with us and would win by 5+ strokes without trying too hard.

While the men rely on brute power to score by getting the ball closer to the hole, the women have to rely more on skill and touch I reckon. Brilliant to watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back