Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
The Open

Love this tournament
I stayed up the night Tom Watson (didn’t watch the playoff as I knew he would lose) should have become the oldest champion ever and the night Adam Scott threw it away so Ernie Els could win. Tom Watson was unlucky as his second shot hit the front of the par 4 18th green and rolled out the back. He couldn’t get up and down from a reasonably easy position to win The Open. However, throughout the round every other shot that landed on the front held. Watson’s didn’t because the Greens dried out.

watching "From the open championship" right now on foxtel. Excellent analysis.

I do wonder, the backdrop/ground of the presenters at their desk.....it looks amazing. i wonder if its a green screen or they are actually in a room with the green in the background

Oct 6, 2017
All over the place
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool Boston Celtics Victory
Yet another fantastic Open on a brilliant golf course. Royal Portrush is superior to most on the Open roster. Good on Shane Lowry as well.

What's happening with our Aussie golfers though? Used to be the case we would regularly have 10-15 guys qualified (guessing here but a lot anyway). Now only 6?

Of those, i expected Scott to contend on Sunday, Leishman and Day also to be not far behind.
Apart from Smith we crashed and burned.

I stayed up the night Tom Watson (didn’t watch the playoff as I knew he would lose) should have become the oldest champion ever and the night Adam Scott threw it away so Ernie Els could win. Tom Watson was unlucky as his second shot hit the front of the par 4 18th green and rolled out the back. He couldn’t get up and down from a reasonably easy position to win The Open. However, throughout the round every other shot that landed on the front held. Watson’s didn’t because the Greens dried out.

I always thought he kinda seized up on the putt to win the thing---the moment got to big for him. Not that it was not a hell of an accomplishment to put himself in that extraordinary position. It just was the one time all 4 rounds he actually showed his age and lost his putting nerve.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
I always thought he kinda seized up on the putt to win the thing---the moment got to big for him. Not that it was not a hell of an accomplishment to put himself in that extraordinary position. It just was the one time all 4 rounds he actually showed his age and lost his putting nerve.
I did notice that as well. It was a poor putt. Age can do that to your nervous system. Mine is getting worse.

Age can do that to your nervous system. Mine is getting worse.

See, I had that covered by being terrible all the way along

IKnowtheDog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Olesen suspended by European Tour following charges been laid concerning his behaviour last week on a flight.

IKnowtheDog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Fair to say the Ruffels family are talented golfers, with Gabriela winning the US women’s amateur title. First Aussie to do it.

Justin Thomas with some sort of round at the BMW this morning. 11 under 61 for his round which included a bogie and a ball in the pond on another hole. Incredible!

Insane

Can't wait to watch him at Royal Melb

Back