Golf World Golf thread - Foreign and Domestic

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't really think the DP World tour has been decimated by the PGA , all the top European players have had a crack at it in one form or other since the eighties. Simple fact of the matter is that the PGA can get sponsors to put up 8-10 million a tournament the DP World tour round the 2 million mark . It's not even close. You could argue that the DP World tour has let the Australian tour and Asian tour down by not co sanctioning more events. The PGA with its wrap around tour has been the big problem , historically end of October northern hemisphere was done then you could play Australian / Asian / South African events in the off season.
The PGA tour also gets a lot of income from tv rights timezone wise Australia doesn't work well with u.s prime time.
Cam Smith should have seen which way the wind blows let LIV do it's stuff for a few years and see if it's viable long term. He is in his prime and the next 5-6 years will be when he should be contending most in the majors. If he gets shut out when he is at his peak and can't compete in majors he will be the maybe man of Australian golf. Shame best I have seen since Norman and could challenge Peter Thompson's record for majors for an Australian.

Because I want to possibly see a world class golf field play in Australia and while the PGA Tour (American Tour) continues to have a monopoly then golf the world over will continue to suffer.
Tennis takes the sport the world over, Golf doesn't.
LIV golf wants to do what the PGA monopoly won't do.
👍

Because I want to possibly see a world class golf field play in Australia and while the PGA Tour (American Tour) continues to have a monopoly then golf the world over will continue to suffer.
Tennis takes the sport the world over, Golf doesn't.
LIV golf wants to do what the PGA monopoly won't do.

You really believe that this is LIV golf wants to achieve?

Pretty laughable, Greg.

Well the fact is that 8 LIV events will be outside of the USA next year so how is that not better than the PGA American tour.

What happens when the money stops? It will stop, just a matter of how long

I FIRMLY BELIEVE that all professional sports and their affiliated tours/tournaments/competitions/leagues at an elite level are there to better and grow the game. It's nothing to do with money, bonuses, commission, big salaries that commissioners/directors attract

He is in his prime and the next 5-6 years will be when he should be contending most in the majors. If he gets shut out when he is at his peak and can't compete in majors
Shouldn't be much to worry about there. He's exempt into the Open Championship until 60 and the other majors for 5 years.

None of which are controlled by the PGA Tour.

Thé Life of a professional sportsperson can be snuffed out pretty quickly and I guess for some of these golfers the opportunity to make hay whilst the sun shines exists through 54.

It’s worth remembering that for all the talk of how many years Cam Smith has to dominate the PGA tour life can change pretty quick. No doubt players like IBF, Duval, Day et al had similar aspirations and look what happened to them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I gotta say this fed x playoffs does nothing for me just can’t get into it. IMO they should take the prize money create a fifth major call it the world open and play it somewhere else other than in the US. Just my thoughts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back