PC World of Warcraft - Including Classic

Remove this Banner Ad

The Azerite system is a pile of garbage and the devs are so incompetent that class balance is worse than it has been for quite some time. Shelved it back in the middle of Legion and the systems they've put in place, the pruning down of utility, the gutting of retribution paladins, etc have vindicated that decision.
I got bored of this expac really quickly. Coincidentally I main a ret pally. I had to stop playing for a while because of a hand injury and I just don't know if I can be bothered going back to it. I don't think Blizz realise that players like to get more powerful as games progress, not go from wielding a bloody ashbringer to only being able to hit single targets with a foam bat. I miss being able to aoe.

I got bored of this expac really quickly. Coincidentally I main a ret pally. I had to stop playing for a while because of a hand injury and I just don't know if I can be bothered going back to it. I don't think Blizz realise that players like to get more powerful as games progress, not go from wielding a bloody ashbringer to only being able to hit single targets with a foam bat. I miss being able to aoe.
Bloody smelly lol rets :$

Their class design is intentionally supposed to be low aoe for high st damage.

Only problem is that most of the fights are cleave/AoE based and the ST damage is mid-tier at best. This is especially a problem for Mythic+ dungeons where they're pretty much useless, why take a ret over a rogue or demon hunter? In that area of the game (10+) you need strong AoE from all your dps. Ret used to have amazing utility with Sac/Salv/devo aura/etc but now they're really shitty blessings and Blizzard decided to nerf that even more.

It's really shitty design. Whereas warriors, DHs and rogues can still do decent single target while cleaving/AoEing. Ret starts out with a bang then fizzles out as most of the other specs get better gear, scaling is still pretty damn terrible. Been like this for the last few expansions now.

Their class design is intentionally supposed to be low aoe for high st damage.

Only problem is that most of the fights are cleave/AoE based and the ST damage is mid-tier at best. This is especially a problem for Mythic+ dungeons where they're pretty much useless, why take a ret over a rogue or demon hunter? In that area of the game (10+) you need strong AoE from all your dps. Ret used to have amazing utility with Sac/Salv/devo aura/etc but now they're really shitty blessings and Blizzard decided to nerf that even more.

It's really shitty design. Whereas warriors, DHs and rogues can still do decent single target while cleaving/AoEing. Ret starts out with a bang then fizzles out as most of the other specs get better gear, scaling is still pretty damn terrible. Been like this for the last few expansions now.
Single target for for me is crap right now, burst aoe is good which is fine in Uldir. And noone wants anything over Rogues in M+ because the trash is obnoxious, tightly packed and skips are so powerful.

Classic due sometime our winter 2019, not far now guys before the real game begins again!
It won't last long. The nostalgia will be burned out and people will realise or remember what a cluster* 40-man raiding was. Here's a huge list of what vanilla was like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It won't last long. The nostalgia will be burned out and people will realise or remember what a cluster**** 40-man raiding was. Here's a huge list of what vanilla was like.
Respectfully disagree, I think it'll have more subs that retail.
Subs are combined with retail and classic and currently it's 1.7million, I think we'll see it'll easily double just because of classic.

No game currently caters for the genre of a real mmo, all games are "twitch" games.

Respectfully disagree, I think it'll have more subs that retail.
Subs are combined with retail and classic and currently it's 1.7million, I think we'll see it'll easily double just because of classic.

No game currently caters for the genre of a real mmo, all games are "twitch" games.
Except the demo at least seems to be sharded, and have lfr in it. Thats sure to kill peoples nostalgia buzz.

My golden era was TBC and LK, I'm not that sure I would be keen on a re-visit of it though. It was the combination of my guild mates and the progression of the content for the first time. Going back, knowing the content and with people I don't even know wouldn't be the same. I feel it's the same thing with Classic. It will be fun and probably initially successful but I'm not sure on the longevity.

Also, this is probably more relative to posters in this thread so I've chucked up a Warcrat III: Reforged thread https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/warcraft-iii-reforged.1208430/

No idea, LFR isn't great and will kill it..
What's sharded? I gave up and haven't played since wrath.. My days are vanilla and TBC mainly.
So sharding means everyone on the same realm, isn't on the same server. It breaks up into shards depending on load.

so i got challenged that i couldnt start a new toon and get it to 120 by the end of the month i took that goin be a easy 100 dollars lol

nah but seems manageable in that amount of time

probs going to go Human cause its the best starting era

Remove this Banner Ad

Back