PC World of Warcraft - Including Classic

Sep 8, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Is it true you need the current game and subscription for the vanilla mode.

Havent touched wow since the first expansion, bought the second one at release and dabbled but never made max level and just gave it up.

I missed my pvp guild hitting up AV, getting some mod to queue us all at he same time usually ended with 30+, was great fun.

Was reading comments on a facebook post about it coming soon and some were giving it s**t because you had to earn your mount. Getting your first mount on first toon was a pretty satisfying accomplishment tbh.

Good nostalgia for me if i pick this up. If only i had the same amount of time as my teenage self in the mid 2000's.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
The day I hit max level unarmed was my proudest moment.

Me later in Burning Crusade, seasoned prot pally in Hyjal, Hammer of Judgement finally drops. Been after it for ages so had chanting mats on hand and got guildie to chant it. Several waves into second village area, s**t hits the fan. "Panzer! Why aren't you holding threat?!"

..."sozlol haven't maxed maces."

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I was watching some beta footage last night. Looks like vanilla with a few of the quality of life improvements that came later such as arrows on the mini map for quests. Purists are crying about that but I'm not fussed, anyone who seriously played WoW would have rolled a million alts and know where every quest is anyway.

A dude I was watching had multiple ranks of abilities on his bars. That's something I completely forgot about, and real talent trees!

One thing I haven't looked into is the order and availability content. I don't assume it includes everything from MC, through AQ to Naxx right off the bat? I wonder what happens when that's all done too? It's not like they will go through the series again but I'd love to see BC. Probably my favourite time in WoW and it was just an extension of vanilla. That's unlikely though because where do you stop.

Yeah I'm gonna miss this too. Just don't have time to dedicate to it and don't want to get sucked in. This rag statue has me tempted though.

FB_IMG_1558078583198.jpg

May 13, 2014
at the footy
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Roys, Melb Stars, Gryffindor
A dude I was watching had multiple ranks of abilities on his bars. That's something I completely forgot about, and real talent trees!
Ew I forgot about that too! I've enjoyed not caring about mana management on my pally for the past 10 years.

Yeah I'm gonna miss this too. Just don't have time to dedicate to it and don't want to get sucked in. This rag statue has me tempted though.

View attachment 675577
I was so tempted for this till I realised it's not a game. It's basically just a statue and a couple of ugly mounts that I'll never use.

I was so tempted for this till I realised it's not a game. It's basically just a statue and a couple of ugly mounts that I'll never use.
Oh s**t didn't even notice that. Ridiculous.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
More things I thought about:

- Hunters requiring arrows
- Hunters with stat sticks
- Paladin relics
- Class quests
- Class skills reags
- Rogue poison quests
- Trying to find a Rogue that actually levelled their lockpicking to open my ******* lockbox

So many small things I forgot about. I've been watching more videos from streamers who got to play the closed beta and the more keen I am. At this stage I might even set a couple nights aside to see if I can get back into raiding.

Just have to work out what I'll play. I started Horde and eventually moved to Alliance and preferred it. However nostalgia is calling me back to Horde (and Barrens chat). Orc prot warrior or Undead mage.

Back