PC World of Warcraft - Including Classic

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Played to level six earlier on the stress test. It’s beautiful. No quest markers is amazing

Is it modern models and assets and stuff or full vanilla? I was tempted to resub to get in on the testing but figured I'd just wait as it's not far away. Also need more time to decide tauren warrior vs orc warrior. These are the big things that keep me up at night.

thefendoff

Club Legend
Jul 5, 2011
your chest
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
OKC Thunder
Is it modern models and assets and stuff or full vanilla? I was tempted to resub to get in on the testing but figured I'd just wait as it's not far away. Also need more time to decide tauren warrior vs orc warrior. These are the big things that keep me up at night.
its vanilla with small improvements for widescreen etc definitely not modern models. Has all the old spell animations

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
What race and class is everyone going?

Orc prot warrior here. For min/max purposes I know I'm better off tauren but I've never been a fan of playing a cow and I don't like how armour looks on them. Will roll on a PvP realm even though I've never been a big fan of it but it won't be the same experience without South Shore and STV raids.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Just over a month to go. 27/8 8am AEST is a Tuesday so it will suck if there's maintenance after everyone rushes home from work to get on.

The only thing that bugs me a little is the phasing that they'll be using. Apparently it's only for launch and for someone like me who will be jumping in alone won't matter, but it might affect those who plan on playing with friends as the the phases on each server will be in blocks. Those people may need to coordinate log ons with their friends. Apparently it's only for launch and will be rolled back in time. The plus side there won't be quite as many people competing for the same quest mobs. As the game will be using the current retail client I wonder what other quality of life features will carry over? Apparently there were a few things in the beta like invite suggestions but many were being taken out as the beta went on.

I've currently got WoW uninstalled but my interface folder still exists. I wonder how the addons will work given it's the same client? I'm sure there would be some addons track current ability procs and buffs/debuffs that didn't exist in vanilla that could cause some issues if Blizzard don't build in some sort of error handling. I think I'll just nuke my interface folder though and go in with OG UI. Don't need things like power auras, scrolling combat text and raid frames until end game. My memories of vanilla are all in 800x600 and I needed Bartender just to shrink my icons for more screen real estate. Clearly not an issue anymore!

Just over a month to go. 27/8 8am AEST is a Tuesday so it will suck if there's maintenance after everyone rushes home from work to get on.

The only thing that bugs me a little is the phasing that they'll be using. Apparently it's only for launch and for someone like me who will be jumping in alone won't matter, but it might affect those who plan on playing with friends as the the phases on each server will be in blocks. Those people may need to coordinate log ons with their friends. Apparently it's only for launch and will be rolled back in time. The plus side there won't be quite as many people competing for the same quest mobs. As the game will be using the current retail client I wonder what other quality of life features will carry over? Apparently there were a few things in the beta like invite suggestions but many were being taken out as the beta went on.

I've currently got WoW uninstalled but my interface folder still exists. I wonder how the addons will work given it's the same client? I'm sure there would be some addons track current ability procs and buffs/debuffs that didn't exist in vanilla that could cause some issues if Blizzard don't build in some sort of error handling. I think I'll just nuke my interface folder though and go in with OG UI. Don't need things like power auras, scrolling combat text and raid frames until end game. My memories of vanilla are all in 800x600 and I needed Bartender just to shrink my icons for more screen real estate. Clearly not an issue anymore!

You can join the same phase as others by grouping. There are some restrictions to prevent phase hopping but for the most part. Better that than being stuck in queues and not being able to play at all.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
You can join the same phase as others by grouping. There are some restrictions to prevent phase hopping but for the most part. Better that than being stuck in queues and not being able to play at all.

Still a bit poo, I always liked the chaos of it all. I guess server capacities are much higher than they used to be though which counters it.

I haven't played the recent expansions past getting to level cap so I can't find exactly how it works, but zone general chats aren't phase restricted though are they? I'm only paranoid I might miss a guild that would be the perfect fit.

Still a bit poo, I always liked the chaos of it all. I guess server capacities are much higher than they used to be though which counters it.

I haven't played the recent expansions past getting to level cap so I can't find exactly how it works, but zone general chats aren't phase restricted though are they? I'm only paranoid I might miss a guild that would be the perfect fit.
There will still be chaos. Played one of the stress tests that implemented layering. Good luck tagging mobs.

General chat is open slather names will have phases next to them though.

Haha I remember when Worgen were announced I made a whole bunch of Characters like WorgenFreeman and such so nobody else could have them.
Gotta make a shaman called OprahWindfury quickly

Back