PC World of Warcraft - Including Classic

Remove this Banner Ad

Learnt a new word tonight, "turbo virgin". Badlands was worse than STV, it was pure chaos and I have up trying to quest there after about 30 minutes. Have Alliance organised some sort of buddy system on Arugal? I don't remember ever running into so many thirsty gank squads.

Just found this. If you can scroll in on the text it's perfect lol

Last edited:
I've had a few sessions but not many.

I lasted 2 years from launch last time, then I went over seas and that was the end of it. Wonder where I will get to this time.

Just cruising atm, level 14 human Rogue

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many have dropped off yet? I must admit I considered throwing in the towel over the weekend watching no lifers already farming BRD, LBRS, UBRS and even some MC pugs. Feels like I'm so far behind but getting there. Just made it to 45 tonight. Ran a few Uldamans straight vowing to never go back... Except I forgot to pick up the power source from the final boss for a quest so will have to go back FFS. Making so many in game friends though, something that has never happened since the inclusion of group finder and cross realm. Helps tanking instances though and everyone wants a tank friend but it's nice to get random whispers to come run something.

How many have dropped off yet? I must admit I considered throwing in the towel over the weekend watching no lifers already farming BRD, LBRS, UBRS and even some MC pugs. Feels like I'm so far behind but getting there. Just made it to 45 tonight. Ran a few Uldamans straight vowing to never go back... Except I forgot to pick up the power source from the final boss for a quest so will have to go back FFS. Making so many in game friends though, something that has never happened since the inclusion of group finder and cross realm. Helps tanking instances though and everyone wants a tank friend but it's nice to get random whispers to come run something.
It is deflating seeing people on epic mounts already and making a killing with pre raid BiS like devilsaur gear. I'm currently lvl48 and don't think i could of gone any harder.

Big difference i've noticed in dungeons from 2005 is you get often "brb/afk 5mins baby work up" ect lol

Still enjoying it even if it's become a bit of a grind. Probably more to do with leveling a warrior though.

Was feeling this too until 40 and mortal strike. People say there is a lot of downtime with a warrior to heal but I find as long as I'm not trying to constantly hit areas too far above my level I can down a few mobs before requiring to eat/bandage. Where as I keep seeing casters having to drink after every pull. I can't seem to hamstring kite properly unfortunately though as there is a greater melee range for both players and mobs than before so I'm just face tanking everything.

Reckon I'm getting more grief from my own faction than the opposite. Selfish players already tanking a few mobs range tagging something you're heading for. I kept laughing at a mage on the weekend that was tagging everything to aoe down and I would just stand there waiting for him to die so I could pick off a few damaged mobs.

Was feeling this too until 40 and mortal strike. People say there is a lot of downtime with a warrior to heal but I find as long as I'm not trying to constantly hit areas too far above my level I can down a few mobs before requiring to eat/bandage. Where as I keep seeing casters having to drink after every pull. I can't seem to hamstring kite properly unfortunately though as there is a greater melee range for both players and mobs than before so I'm just face tanking everything.

Reckon I'm getting more grief from my own faction than the opposite. Selfish players already tanking a few mobs range tagging something you're heading for. I kept laughing at a mage on the weekend that was tagging everything to aoe down and I would just stand there waiting for him to die so I could pick off a few damaged mobs.
what spec you playing?

Thinking about rolling a warrior but worried about slow levelling :/

All my mates are playing so thankfully I don't have to tank at this stage so I'm rolling as an arms warrior. I've never been a good warrior tank, preferring to be a pally tank. I plan on speccing into an off tank for raids though but that's well off.

what spec you playing?

Thinking about rolling a warrior but worried about slow levelling :/
Well one of the good things about being a warrior is tanking and everyone needs a tank for dungeons so you can level a bit easier. But the issue comes from solo levelling.

All my mates are playing so thankfully I don't have to tank at this stage so I'm rolling as an arms warrior. I've never been a good warrior tank, preferring to be a pally tank. I plan on speccing into an off tank for raids though but that's well off.

Well one of the good things about being a warrior is tanking and everyone needs a tank for dungeons so you can level a bit easier. But the issue comes from solo levelling.

I was a long time pally main tank from BC through to end of WotLK and it was easy to forget how easy AoE tanking was with a pally. I had a prot warrior alt (love tanking, in Cataclysm I mained a DK tank) but didn't play it like I'm playing my warrior now. I'm levelling as Arms too but the good thing is for 5 mans and probably even raid OT you don't need to spec into prot at all. AoE is tough though and I only request CC as a must. Pull with a ranged weapon, hit blood rage, shield block so you can revenge the first target and either demo or battle shout should stick all of the mobs onto you long enough to get some threat before healing agro pulls. Just have to make sure dps wait until at least a sunder is on the main target. Once they're locked on you it's pretty cruise control. I'm actually not looking forward to raiding as much because I know I'll have to roll Fury as every guild already has a main tank. Out of the raiding warriors in my current guild I'm about the second lowest level of them so I'll be last in any order as well. I will still tank 5 mans though and lots of people already know me as a tank so there will be no shortage of opportunities there.

Finally ran into my first former guild mate on the weekend! That was cool. Chance encounter on boat from Ratchet to Booty Bay. Haven't spoken to them in about 10 years.

Speaking of that boat, it's a total blood bath some times. The other day I went to get on at Booty Bay and there were about 20 Alliance on it just waiting for Horde. I decided to stuff that and got the Zep from Grom'gol lol. Then yesterday about 10 of each side got on and we juked it out once the ship left the dock. Good fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back