PC World of Warcraft - Including Classic

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if it's reality but I always felt the first half of levelling on Alliance much more efficient as the zones flow as you mentioned. On Horde once you hit Barrens you get sent everywhere.

There is a reason 90% of nelfs corpse run to westfall asap.

Am i the only one not in a hurry to level? The main thing ill do when im 60 is PvP and the BG’s arent even out yet. I have done MC and BWL runs before and while the loot was good i dont fancy spending 20+ hours for 1 item.

Im almost level 28 on my druid amd really enjoying the variety of play styles available. Tanked for the first time ever in RFC and i must say you have to be a lot more switched on than just doing dps like i did with my mage back in the day.

Everything about being a druid is awesome. Win most duels, travelling is quicker before level 40, stealth mode is really good to avoid alliance and mobs i dont want to agro. Was able to switch from healer to tank mid- dungeon in BFD when our warrior had to leave group. The versatility just makes levelling so much fun. Cant wait to get travel form in a couple of days too!

Im glad i went herbalism and mining cos ive saved up 30g, and my mate who is similar level has found that leatherworking is a moneypit. Barely has enough money to upgrade spells when he dings.

Am i the only one not in a hurry to level? The main thing ill do when im 60 is PvP and the BG’s arent even out yet. I have done MC and BWL runs before and while the loot was good i dont fancy spending 20+ hours for 1 item.

Im almost level 28 on my druid amd really enjoying the variety of play styles available. Tanked for the first time ever in RFC and i must say you have to be a lot more switched on than just doing dps like i did with my mage back in the day.

Everything about being a druid is awesome. Win most duels, travelling is quicker before level 40, stealth mode is really good to avoid alliance and mobs i dont want to agro. Was able to switch from healer to tank mid- dungeon in BFD when our warrior had to leave group. The versatility just makes levelling so much fun. Cant wait to get travel form in a couple of days too!

Im glad i went herbalism and mining cos ive saved up 30g, and my mate who is similar level has found that leatherworking is a moneypit. Barely has enough money to upgrade spells when he dings.

Druid is the best, versatility is king .

The ability to throw heals as required or innervate the healer.

And best of all there is almost zero down time when solo leveling.

I am the same as you though i was planning to try and power level but when i saw how easy mc is now i got over it. Taking my time hit 48 last night but tanking dungeons and just kind of wandering around.

Already 300 herbalism and about 260 alchemy

I found moving to Alliance and levelling there, changed it up nicely for me.

Levelling exactly the same toon I started with wasn't quite doing it for me.

I got to 31 on my Shaman then just stopped playing.

Dunno why really, just...lost interest I guess? Motivation?
Do you have any rl friends playing? Thats whats got me into it more. Having a couple of mates on discord chatting away even if you arent questing together makes a big difference. Otherwise joining a good guild is a must. The social element of vanilla wow is what made it great before everything became a no-chat PUG daily dungeon grind.

Do you have any rl friends playing? Thats whats got me into it more. Having a couple of mates on discord chatting away even if you arent questing together makes a big difference. Otherwise joining a good guild is a must. The social element of vanilla wow is what made it great before everything became a no-chat PUG daily dungeon grind.

This is probably why I suddenly hit a road block. None of my old crew are playing at all. A few were checking in my thoughts as I was playing but I couldn't convince anyone to join me. The social element is a big part of this game and if that's missing then it just kills the enjoyment.

Mostly just me and the wife.

I cant play much which is making it difficult to "keep up" with the second wave of leveling toons. I dont mind playing solo so that hasnt turned me off, its just the slog through some levels that seem to take forever haha

still getting used to not having the 10 drops required for a quest within 20 kills like retail... some of them are brutal drop rates.

I'd almost want a mix and match of functionality between the two versions to come up with a prime version.

Most of the things I want from retail are around time saving and QoL improvements as I just don't have as much time to play as I used to. To me a dungeon finder (limited to within the realm) would be fantastic. Such a PITA to have to stuff around trying to find a group for ages and then take ages travelling across the world to the dungeon. Having someone leave half way through a run is the worst now.

All the gameplay aspects from classic are fantastic though compared to retail.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The amount of travel is pretty annoying, not going to lie. Decent time waster.

The streamlining of leveling in retail make it a better experience IMO. Also having more epic questlines/stories within the zones was cool also.

Last night, I in this order:
- travelled for Stormwind to Menethil, got on a boat
- flew from Darkshore to Ashenvale
- ran to Moonglade to turn a quest in (died twice running the gauntlet through Timbermaw hold)
- flew to Darnassus
- flew to Desolace

All for 3 quest turn-ins. Lucky I could AFK and do jobs while flying.

TBH though ... I like the pain of it and slow pacing. Get much more of that world experience. But at times it is annoying

Last night, I in this order:
- travelled for Stormwind to Menethil, got on a boat
- flew from Darkshore to Ashenvale
- ran to Moonglade to turn a quest in (died twice running the gauntlet through Timbermaw hold)
- flew to Darnassus
- flew to Desolace

All for 3 quest turn-ins. Lucky I could AFK and do jobs while flying.

TBH though ... I like the pain of it and slow pacing. Get much more of that world experience. But at times it is annoying
I like the slow pace of leveling. Don't mind that it might take a decent chunk of time to clear through a zone. Don't like the back and forth zig zag all over the place in order to do things.

I like the slow pace of leveling. Don't mind that it might take a decent chunk of time to clear through a zone. Don't like the back and forth zig zag all over the place in order to do things.

I think what they did in retail well in later years is have a large number of zones scale with you, meaning you can see out any zone you like without having to jump around a lot.

Anyone gone for a run through Dire Maul since the patch last night?

I did the dumbest thing in my Wow experience 2 nights ago. I got an item drop that was blue level 19. A twink item that sells for 50-60g.... I accidentally put it up for 55 silver. Needless to say it was snapped up and the buyer discretely said bad luck. Oh well, lesson learnt the hard way. Would have been nice to triple my bank balance.

Anyone gone for a run through Dire Maul since the patch last night?

I did the dumbest thing in my Wow experience 2 nights ago. I got an item drop that was blue level 19. A twink item that sells for 50-60g.... I accidentally put it up for 55 silver. Needless to say it was snapped up and the buyer discretely said bad luck. Oh well, lesson learnt the hard way. Would have been nice to triple my bank balance.
Ouch with the item. Lesson learnt!

How many of you guys are playing on Arugal horde? Ive joined a guild called Berserk.

Got my druid to level 35. Hoping i can reach 60 before bg’s come out.
my normal guild has a guild on arugal so i'm excessively slowly levelling on it. I'm about level 13 now haha.

Got my Druid up to level 48. Feels like the grind has begun. Although ive had some fun PvP action in The Hinterlands while trying to quest. Last night we (Horde) were pinned down in our village with about half a dozen 57-60 alliance running riot. After about 15-20 or us level 40 odd Horde were standing around, a raid group formed and we overwhelmed them through numbers and sent the alliance running 🙂

Thats the sort of PvP that went missing in retail. Authentic battles that required some randoms to come together to defeat a common enemy.

Cant wait to see what sort of chaos Kazzak causes when Phase 2 drops in a few days! Gonna be mayhem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back