PC World of Warcraft - Including Classic

Anyone back on retail & made it to the new raid? We're on the last boss on normal but my god there's so much trash in there! Boss fights so far have been fun, if a little simple.
Done 6/12 on normal, its been fun so far, no mad rush for us.

im slowly but surely losing my enthusiasm now. Got my epic mount from grinding AV to exalted. Theres no PvP horde guilds on Arugal server. Ive geared my Feral druid to be a massive meatshield that has 11k armour and +100 resist to shadow and frost, with about 60+ resist to the other schools of magic. I want to be the flag carrier in WSG but Horde are atrocious and every 2nd game is a Bok pre-made. The nostalgic value has been fun. Just dont know if i can be bothered playing anymore.

HolyRioli

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Leeds Utd
im slowly but surely losing my enthusiasm now. Got my epic mount from grinding AV to exalted. Theres no PvP horde guilds on Arugal server. Ive geared my Feral druid to be a massive meatshield that has 11k armour and +100 resist to shadow and frost, with about 60+ resist to the other schools of magic. I want to be the flag carrier in WSG but Horde are atrocious and every 2nd game is a Bok pre-made. The nostalgic value has been fun. Just dont know if i can be bothered playing anymore.

No interest in making your own guild / leading your own premades?

And if you think gridding AV rep was bad as horde, it was downright depressing as alliance ☹️

No interest in making your own guild / leading your own premades?

And if you think gridding AV rep was bad as horde, it was downright depressing as alliance ☹
well it depends what server your on, but on Arugal the BoK alliance guild owns both AV and WSG. Im sure 99% of their guild right now is exalted with AV, because 50% of the WSG i enter are BoK premades and as soon Horde recognise the premade they essentially give up. Thats the alliance guild that farmed honour in BRM and made it a nightmare for any horde to go to UBRS or BRD. They must have a bunch of high ranked PvP guys.

Anyway the nostalgia is definitely wearing off. Just cancelled my subscription which ends on Feb 5. Was great fun levelling and trying a new character with new professions. But running around as level 60 right now theres not much to do when youve got almost all of your BiS pre-raid stuff. Most of my guild are on alts levelling or farming herbs/mines which i cant justify doing at my age with limited time.

Jan 8, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
well it depends what server your on, but on Arugal the BoK alliance guild owns both AV and WSG. Im sure 99% of their guild right now is exalted with AV, because 50% of the WSG i enter are BoK premades and as soon Horde recognise the premade they essentially give up. Thats the alliance guild that farmed honour in BRM and made it a nightmare for any horde to go to UBRS or BRD. They must have a bunch of high ranked PvP guys.

Anyway the nostalgia is definitely wearing off. Just cancelled my subscription which ends on Feb 5. Was great fun levelling and trying a new character with new professions. But running around as level 60 right now theres not much to do when youve got almost all of your BiS pre-raid stuff. Most of my guild are on alts levelling or farming herbs/mines which i cant justify doing at my age with limited time.
Im finding it hard and trying to get motivation to farm mats/gold for raids to buy consumables, id much rather go in without buffs mats then spend hrs farming and not enjoying it.

anyone still playing? I remember about 12 months ago the excitement i had for this game coming out. But yeah 2nd time around its so much different.
I'm trying to but it's just so hard to find time compared with when I was in my 20s. Throw in moving house and summer holidays during the last few months and yeah it's hard.

I do plan to get back into it at some stage, I had 2 characters that were around level 40ish.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
anyone still playing? I remember about 12 months ago the excitement i had for this game coming out. But yeah 2nd time around its so much different.

That's nostalgia v current reality for you

thefendoff

Club Legend
Jul 5, 2011
your chest
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
OKC Thunder
I’ll play it. Looks like they’re finally fixing enhancement. I really really want to be able to main it but guilds and pugs are so into metas these days that if you aren’t the right class you basically can’t raid

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I like the unpruning of spells. I'm a bit concerned that today my guild put up a post in discord stating we all need to be max level by November 10 amongst some other things. That's cool, I used to be a hardcore 4-5 night raider from BC to Cata so I know how it goes, but once they start dictating covenants, levelling requirements as well as running audits I'm not so sure anymore lol.

thefendoff

Club Legend
Jul 5, 2011
your chest
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
OKC Thunder
I like the unpruning of spells. I'm a bit concerned that today my guild put up a post in discord stating we all need to be max level by November 10 amongst some other things. That's cool, I used to be a hardcore 4-5 night raider from BC to Cata so I know how it goes, but once they start dictating covenants, levelling requirements as well as running audits I'm not so sure anymore lol.
Yeah it takes away a fair bit of the enjoyment. I almost want to play on a RP realm to avoid metas

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Level squish stats are like TBC stats lol. I think I'm just going to transmog farm and level alts until Shadowlands. I started levelling a demon hunter last week and the 105 got squished to 42. I had an unused 110 boost from Legion which is now a 48 boost so I might use that on it lol. Started up another alt tonight and think it's pretty cool that you can go to Chromie to choose your 10-50 expansion. Outland here I come! I have never properly let go of BC. I still always rock t4-t6 transmogs, netherdrake and Hand of A'dal is the only title I use.

thefendoff

Club Legend
Jul 5, 2011
your chest
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
OKC Thunder
Going to level something to main in SL, was going to main enhancement shaman but it’s looking like they are gonna be virtually unplayable if you want to get into a group.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Seen people on oceanic WoW FB group getting fresh 0-50 in about 10-12 hours with heirlooms. My level 41 void elf priesr that started at 10 has just over 14 hours time played but i've got at least an hour or two of AFK there. I'm not using any heirlooms either. I couldn't wait to jump back into BC but I forgot how big and grindy it was lol. I've just been queueing for dungeons as I've been playing and it has been a blast going back through BC dungeons. Some are really over tuned though with the whole level squish and adaptive level thingy. I'll get it to 50 in the next day or two and I don't really care about getting gear for it, it's just an alt that can start from 50 in Shadowlands. I think I'll finish getting my demon hunter to 50 this week then start on another character since it seems pretty quick.

Back