PC World of Warcraft - Including Classic

Remove this Banner Ad

Only issue with being on a low pop faction is recruiting pool. Also if there is going to be no 58 boost then I'm going to be stuck on Horde. That's why I think they'll actually announce a boost of some sort to the disappointment of the "no changes" crowd. Judging by Oceanic WoW FB group there is already some sweaty talk. If I play it I just want to want to go at it causally and on my own terms and then only consider raiding should I even make it to 70. The more I think about it the more daunting it gets haha. The professions, cooking, fishing, actually having to find ways to make gold as there aren't a gorillian dailies, working on any reputations I might need on the side like Aldor/Scryer. Ugh! Lol

I’ve done abit more reading and the main question I have is whether I go horde or alliance? I’m assuming if we were to start a group we would have to be the same faction.

Would we also need to be different classes or does that not matter?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’ve done abit more reading and the main question I have is whether I go horde or alliance? I’m assuming if we were to start a group we would have to be the same faction.

Would we also need to be different classes or does that not matter?

yup to start a group and do quest and dungeons together we would need to be same faction

so no you can be the same class so it really doesnt matter, only when you are doing a dungeon then u need 3 dps 1 tank and a healer but even then u can still be the same class as others

yup to start a group and do quest and dungeons together we would need to be same faction

so no you can be the same class so it really doesnt matter, only when you are doing a dungeon then u need 3 dps 1 tank and a healer but even then u can still be the same class as others

Cheers, you actually have to make some pretty big decisions before you even start playing haha.

Cheers, you actually have to make some pretty big decisions before you even start playing haha.

yup doesnt stop aswell, gotta choose what spec/talents you go for your class after lvl 10 but its all part of what makes it great

aye brave choice what server did ya choose?

Yojamba, I played for a couple of hours and just left the first area. Managed to hit level 6.

The spiders were destroying me at first but once I got a couple more abilities and figured out the trick to using them I got through the quests pretty easy.

Yojamba, I played for a couple of hours and just left the first area. Managed to hit level 6.

The spiders were destroying me at first but once I got a couple more abilities and figured out the trick to using them I got through the quests pretty easy.

aye nice send us your character name ill add ya

Bit late with the news but I just saw that BC servers will start from level 58 so no need to rush to level a classic character. I don't mind this. Now there is a slight chance I'll consider jumping in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was definitely necessary though. Population is lower and new comers or those wanting to server/faction swap aren't going to want to start from level 1.

Besides being 15 years older or whatever it is with more responsibilities and less free time etc, there are still a few things I'm weighing up about returning.

- was it the content or my guild mates that I'm nostlagic about? I played with some absolutely champion dudes and dudettes whom some I am still in touch with today. I got burnt out on Classic by level 50 because it just wasn't the same. However back when I played vanilla I was super casual and didn't even understand the game. I only played because a few of the dudes I played BF2 and vanilla CoD with did. I didn't really get into it and understand it until BC.

- classic was full of sweats racing to 60 to raid. Everyone was a toxic know it all and the sense of wonder was gone because everyone had been there and done it all before. Will BC be the same? I'm sure it would be and I can't be bothered. Only way I'll consider is probably if I start my own guild and target those who don't want the anxiety or FOMO from not keeping up with the no lifers.

- this is a weird and probably pedantic one but if I don't play a belf prot pally will it feel the same? That was my main from BC through LK. I've played mostly Frostmourne Alliance on other classes on retail since and even going to previously nostlagic locations I just don't feel it because while on another server it never felt like exactly the same place if that makes. Where as when I jump on my old pally on Jubei Horde that is still in the same guild to this day, in full T6 transmog I'll go sit in the Aldor bank in Shat or horde side bank in Northrend Dalaran and it feels like I'm sitting on the exact same bricks etc. If that makes any sense lol.

If I do play I refuse to do anything other than be a main tank too which would be another reason to start my own guild. Parts of T5 and T6 content I did find hairy to be a pally MT so I'll likely roll a prot warrior instead, but see last point, I don't know if it will feel the same.

My memory is fuzzy but Im pretty sure BC rarely had anything other than a Warrior tank...I did see a Paladin tank Magtheridon, just from sheer blockage, but avoiding crushing blows was still next to impossible without godly gear and pin point timing. Wrath was when we got the four tanking options proper.

BC was the introduction of tanking viability outside of warrior. WotLK was the introduction of easy mode AoE tanking with the removal of crushing blows so DKs could tank and threat was the click of a button. In BC Prot pallies were uncrushable due to 696 holy shield rotation, so were easier to heal, no damage spikes. Prot pallies became the preferred Illidan tank in the end due to how devastating his crushing blows could be on a prot warrior. It was also hard to get through SSC and MH without at least one. T4 content they weren't any different from warrior or bear tanks. There were just a few places like second last boss of MH who mana burned and Archimonde who feared that provided a challenge. We had a few priests so they coordinated fear ward on me and I had a bubble/cancel bubble macro for "oh s**t" moments.

I switched to a tank DK in Cata which was blood by then. It was so much fun. Nefarian was so cheesy, for half the fight I didn't need a healer lol. I just timed my blood strikes and used anti magic shell on CD.
Yeah I was blood dps... Wasn't happy when that changed.... Switched to my spriest then... I don't like tanking at all current main in Shadowlands in Resto druid... With my spriest as my have fun and Pew pew.

Yeah I was blood dps... Wasn't happy when that changed.... Switched to my spriest then... I don't like tanking at all current main in Shadowlands in Resto druid... With my spriest as my have fun and Pew pew.

I've raided once since the end of Cata and that was on a warlock where I joined a guild who carried me through heroic Nyalotha and I never logged on again until I tried to level my pally a few weeks ago lol. I'm just not feeling retail. I usually sub just to get to level cap, maybe get myself to the level of running a few weekly lower key mythics before quitting but I couldn't even get myself to do that this time. I know the game is more polished but it hardly resembles WoW any more.

I've raided once since the end of Cata and that was on a warlock where I joined a guild who carried me through heroic Nyalotha and I never logged on again until I tried to level my pally a few weeks ago lol. I'm just not feeling retail. I usually sub just to get to level cap, maybe get myself to the level of running a few weekly lower key mythics before quitting but I couldn't even get myself to do that this time. I know the game is more polished but it hardly resembles WoW any more.
I started end of burning Crusade... Was still leveling my hero when wotlk came out... Raided through lich king... Cata.. Into panda.. them PC went bung... Then came back mid last year... But didn't play much till Shadowlands came out... I'm enjoying it...and back into raiding... Which I really enjoy...

The new pricing is disgusting and rushing TBC out to meet their Q2 targets is pathetic.

Have enjoyed Classic thoroughly but they can get ****ed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back