PC World of Warcraft - Including Classic

Remove this Banner Ad

Some of these class changes are making me tempted to return fully for Legion...

And the new Challenge dungeons look a lot like the Rift design from Diablo 3, which is awesome...

Dammit! Damn you Blizzard!
They are definitely taking a lot of the best bits from the RoS which isn't a bad thing.

I shamefully got suckered in by some mates to start playing again... I only did the 10 day trial to begin with but we'll see how I go by the end of it. Haven't played since WotLK when I was maining a resto shammy. Also had a mage at max level. Anyway seems I lost my characters so I put in a ticket to find them and I just got an email before saying blizz had found them and linked them into my bnet account so that's good.

In the mean time I've rolled a monk as it's a new class since I last played. Up to 35 or so already, levelling is so fast now. Dungeon finder is awesome and gets so much XP. Finding the monk is interesting/challenging to play with having to manage two resources (energy/mana & Chi). There's some interesting mechanics with the healing too having instant casts while channeling. Might take me a while to get used to that.

Anyway, fun times.

I shamefully got suckered in by some mates to start playing again... I only did the 10 day trial to begin with but we'll see how I go by the end of it. Haven't played since WotLK when I was maining a resto shammy. Also had a mage at max level. Anyway seems I lost my characters so I put in a ticket to find them and I just got an email before saying blizz had found them and linked them into my bnet account so that's good.

In the mean time I've rolled a monk as it's a new class since I last played. Up to 35 or so already, levelling is so fast now. Dungeon finder is awesome and gets so much XP. Finding the monk is interesting/challenging to play with having to manage two resources (energy/mana & Chi). There's some interesting mechanics with the healing too having instant casts while channeling. Might take me a while to get used to that.

Anyway, fun times.

You'll still have fun, there's plenty to do if Wrath is the last time you played. Lots of dungeons and raids to re-explore and bash out at max level for xmog and achievements. The streamlining of levelling during/after Cata has made it a lot easier to get multiple alts up to max level. Obviously heirloom gear has a massive impact, but even just zone levelling the redesigned quests in vanilla zones and the clumped hubs from Cata onwards have made levelling far more enjoyable again. Burn out still sets in towards the end of each expansion for raiders and randoms alike, and this is compounded if you play on a low pop server.

Stopped at 7/13M, sub is still running but I just log on daily to turn over gold and check on BMAH items (low pop end of expansion means cheap T3/mounts), don't bother with anything else atm. However Legion looks fresh, great new pvp system, artifacts are tasty and no more orcs. I'll definitely be back.

You'll still have fun, there's plenty to do if Wrath is the last time you played. Lots of dungeons and raids to re-explore and bash out at max level for xmog and achievements. The streamlining of levelling during/after Cata has made it a lot easier to get multiple alts up to max level. Obviously heirloom gear has a massive impact, but even just zone levelling the redesigned quests in vanilla zones and the clumped hubs from Cata onwards have made levelling far more enjoyable again. Burn out still sets in towards the end of each expansion for raiders and randoms alike, and this is compounded if you play on a low pop server.

Stopped at 7/13M, sub is still running but I just log on daily to turn over gold and check on BMAH items (low pop end of expansion means cheap T3/mounts), don't bother with anything else atm. However Legion looks fresh, great new pvp system, artifacts are tasty and no more orcs. I'll definitely be back.

Yeah... I found WoD to be trash tbh, got super bored at like 5/7M of whatever that first stupid raid was. Re-subbed the other day for some normal/heroic shenanigans in HFC but eh, there's no appeal for me to actually try be 'competitive' anymore. Hopefully Legion is alright but I think they've probably taken most of their top tier talent off of Starcraft and the WoW team and pushed it onto Overwatch/HotS.

I'd love to be able to take advantage of the BMAH but I think I have a combined total of 1000 gold across all characters now :D I've never been one to farm or flip on the AH, too much effort.

Yeah... I found WoD to be trash tbh, got super bored at like 5/7M of whatever that first stupid raid was. Re-subbed the other day for some normal/heroic shenanigans in HFC but eh, there's no appeal for me to actually try be 'competitive' anymore. Hopefully Legion is alright but I think they've probably taken most of their top tier talent off of Starcraft and the WoW team and pushed it onto Overwatch/HotS.

I'd love to be able to take advantage of the BMAH but I think I have a combined total of 1000 gold across all characters now :D I've never been one to farm or flip on the AH, too much effort.

If raiding is your thing in WoW then quitting at 5/7 was too early. Although HM was the worst raid of the xpac, Ko'ragh and Mar'gok were decent fights. Blackrock Foundry is one of the best raid instances of any expansion. While Hellfire Citadel wasn't as good, it was still another great instance and would make the top 10. If there's one thing the devs continue to nail, it's the consistent high quality of raids.

Outside of raids and the initial levelling experience WoD was very lackluster. However much bigger hopes for Legion considering they pulled staff from WoD before it was even finished to get them cracking on Legion. New class, many specs receiving massive changes, ten new dungeons (the most since Cata), new dungeon challenges like rifts from D3, the massive PvP overhaul and artifacts essentially adding whole new talent trees; on the surface it seems this is the most work put into an expansion since Wrath.

When you're gold capped a few times across all characters the BMAH is amazing. :rainbow:

If raiding is your thing in WoW then quitting at 5/7 was too early. Although HM was the worst raid of the xpac, Ko'ragh and Mar'gok were decent fights. Blackrock Foundry is one of the best raid instances of any expansion. While Hellfire Citadel wasn't as good, it was still another great instance and would make the top 10. If there's one thing the devs continue to nail, it's the consistent high quality of raids.

Yeah maybe, I'd have agreed with MoP as for the most part the raids there were very high quality. HM was just so so so bad though, and IDK about mythic Margok but I did a bit of Ko'Ragh and it was equally as boring and dull (assuming I have those names the right way around, really don't remember them :p). I do have faith on them being able to make raids I enjoy in the future though. My real concern comes with the classes as honestly they're just... in an appalling state right now.

Yeah maybe, I'd have agreed with MoP as for the most part the raids there were very high quality. HM was just so so so bad though, and IDK about mythic Margok but I did a bit of Ko'Ragh and it was equally as boring and dull (assuming I have those names the right way around, really don't remember them :p). I do have faith on them being able to make raids I enjoy in the future though. My real concern comes with the classes as honestly they're just... in an appalling state right now.

Kara aside not many first tiers of an expansion are looked back on fondly. HM was like the rest, not overly difficult for the reasonably skilled, however the final boss was a real step up. HM wasn't even really considered a tier, it was a lead in to BRF which was the first real tier of the expansion. Unfortunately the real scourge of the expansion were Garrisons, which ended up costing us dearly. With the quality of BRF and HFC, if only we got that real third tier...

raidtier.jpg

The state of classes is a reason they are getting massive changes. Shadow is going to a sanity resource over orbs which looks amazing, Disc to more of a balance of offensive abilities providing heals and shields rather than the boring PW:S spam, Prot Pallies are dropping holy power for a charge system, Balance no longer focus on their eclipse UI and now have a resource bar, Feral druids are now everything druids shooting lasers from their snouts! The list goes on, it makes choosing a second main a difficult choice.

Kara aside not many first tiers of an expansion are looked back on fondly. HM was like the rest, not overly difficult for the reasonably skilled, however the final boss was a real step up. HM wasn't even really considered a tier, it was a lead in to BRF which was the first real tier of the expansion. Unfortunately the real scourge of the expansion were Garrisons, which ended up costing us dearly. With the quality of BRF and HFC, if only we got that real third tier...

raidtier.jpg

The state of classes is a reason they are getting massive changes. Shadow is going to a sanity resource over orbs which looks amazing, Disc to more of a balance of offensive abilities providing heals and shields rather than the boring PW:S spam, Prot Pallies are dropping holy power for a charge system, Balance no longer focus on their eclipse UI and now have a resource bar, Feral druids are now everything druids shooting lasers from their snouts! The list goes on, it makes choosing a second main a difficult choice.

Yeah, idk, we'll see. I've lost my faith in the class developers, but then I'm generally against paying any attention to pre-release information on games as it's generally just fluff and bullcrap, I'll assess upon release. I'm still very confused by their move of not having another raid post-HFC, the conspiracy theorist in me expects that they've taken a lot of staff off of the WoW team and have either dumped them onto Overwatch or are building another un-announced game behind the scenes. WOW is now all about jumping the shark whilst they entrench themselves in other in other markets IMO.

mucking around today I check the quests available from the keepers of time in the caverns of time. It had been quite a while since I ran those instances but I found that I still have the Hand of Adal quest line open. (gives the achievement - but you cannot start it and must have been in progress when they removed the achievement a number of years back)

there you go.. will complete to see if the chieve is still attainable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just got flying in Draenor, woohoo.

I needed 2 daily quests to finish the draenor defender to finish the pathfinder achievement.. It took me 4 months to find out that you can buy the quests from the garrison quartermaster :(

Rolling with my resto sham that was xferred as my main. Mostly pvp. Was very quick to get geared up with epics. All the pvp gear is better than the twice upgraded baleful heroic pieces as well. Had been doing 2s with my bro but now have another mate hit 100 recently so doing a bit of 3s as well. Haven't done any raiding yet, prob won't touch it tbh.

I needed 2 daily quests to finish the draenor defender to finish the pathfinder achievement.. It took me 4 months to find out that you can buy the quests from the garrison quartermaster :(
Yeah I bought out the last 4 dailies I needed as the last bit of the puzzle.

As far as a "grind" goes, that was one on of the easiest I've done in my wow time. It was made up of little tasks that you could do in small timeframes, in between queues or whatever. No endless instances or grinding mobs for hours on end.

I waited until I had level 3 trading post before doing any dailies though, so that probably made it a bit quicker. Also used the darkmoon faire rep buff where I could too.

Overall though, fairly painless.

The classes are less dependant on gear itemisation now as the mechanics change depending on the class specifications. No more 3 sets of gear to lug around for utility classes such as Paladins, Druids etc

Jubi for me I play pvp mainly. Also play horde.

Been on a break recently because of dark souls

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back