PC World of Warcraft - Including Classic

Remove this Banner Ad

After a few weeks on it now I'm not that sure I'm that keen on the loop. Whenever I get an item level upgrade Azerite piece it obviously has higher Azerite level requirements to unlock the perks. This means the 370 chest in my bag isn't even an upgrade unless I grind Azerite. Expeditions are already a chore and so are dailies after grinding everyone to revered. I'm probably still stuck in the past where raid gear and tier sets are the be all, end all. It's been a fun few weeks to dip my toes back in but it's stale again for me.
Just wait for classic and run old school AV for days.
That's my plan anyway.

Azerite and everything associated with it is so s**t, the system is dragging the whole experience down for mine. It needs a major rework.

Azerite gear traits
Obtaining azerite gear
Levelling Azerite gear
Island Expeditions

All horrible. Not sure who thought the system was even remotely a good idea. They probably had something much better in mind and due to time constraints, decided to implement a half assed version.

I've fell in love with Tanking again after I finally took the plunge into Mythics and Mythic plus. Just the addition of a timer makes it that much more exhilarating. Taking down the final boss with only a minute to go after we wiped the first time is such an amazing feeling.

do the lame arathi instance. drops honorbound ilvl340 gear upon completion
Im 355 equipped but being a warrior, weapon dps is a big factor at thats stuck at 345. Even after 2 weeks of normal clears, and some heroic kills.

Im 355 equipped but being a warrior, weapon dps is a big factor at thats stuck at 345. Even after 2 weeks of normal clears, and some heroic kills.

Homogenisation of talents, gear, stats ruined the game.

I've fell in love with Tanking again after I finally took the plunge into Mythics and Mythic plus.

As long as you’ve got a competent group, you’ll be fine. Running m+ keys can be a pain in the backside when you’re dealing with dipshits who decide to run around with no spatial awareness pulling every group in proximity

As long as you’ve got a competent group, you’ll be fine. Running m+ keys can be a pain in the backside when you’re dealing with dipshits who decide to run around with no spatial awareness pulling every group in proximity

And tanks who think they can a) pull entire packs, or b) try to skip stuff only for someone else to accidentally pull it anyway. It doesn't take long to chuck on a bit of CC or pull an extra pack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And tanks who think they can a) pull entire packs, or b) try to skip stuff only for someone else to accidentally pull it anyway. It doesn't take long to chuck on a bit of CC or pull an extra pack.

Especially this week when all the buffs are on the trash. Fortified plus Teeming is not fun, I'm using all my cds on Trash. The bosses are a push over in comparison!

What I've noticed as a healer this expansion is that the trash is noticeably more annoying than the bosses. More of them with a lot more danger attached. Most of the bosses are fairly straightforward with a few exceptions (last boss of siege with all the moving and cannon los issues is nasty as a hpal).

Going to push my keys this week once I get my few days off. Not looking forward to fortified and teeming Motherlode.

I would like to have reforging back. I still think removing the reforging was a mistake and since the scrapping of the talent tree spec it was the one remaining customisable feature of the game

I was a career tank and honestly the game was never the same after the removal of the defence stat and the influx of bog average bear tanks and DK tanks. Then it was the homogenisation of the tank classes. Reforging was great because at least I could still min/max and retain a sense of depth when everything else was being watered down. Removal of the talent trees was the final straw. I've tried playing again for the first month of each expansion after Cataclysm but the game has lost its charm. I think I tried the hardest with BfA out of the rest since but every class feels even more the same than ever before and Azerite gear and the whole new loop is just s**t. IMO.

I was a career tank and honestly the game was never the same after the removal of the defence stat and the influx of bog average bear tanks and DK tanks. Then it was the homogenisation of the tank classes. Reforging was great because at least I could still min/max and retain a sense of depth when everything else was being watered down. Removal of the talent trees was the final straw. I've tried playing again for the first month of each expansion after Cataclysm but the game has lost its charm. I think I tried the hardest with BfA out of the rest since but every class feels even more the same than ever before and Azerite gear and the whole new loop is just s**t. IMO.
Always mained as dps, but occasionally used to break out the Prot spec when needed. To me the getting stats right and getting the gear to tank was a lot more fun than active mitigation (doesn't help that at the top end now, Prot war is garbage tier with the GCD change)

Always mained as dps, but occasionally used to break out the Prot spec when needed. To me the getting stats right and getting the gear to tank was a lot more fun than active mitigation (doesn't help that at the top end now, Prot war is garbage tier with the GCD change)

I used to spend hours on Tankadin I think it was called and some other theory crafting sites. You're right, that was part of the fun, but I guess it was because we didn't push the metres so that was our thing. In BC probably up until mid way through T5 the gear balance was a real struggle. TPS was real. Had to maintain 390 defence to be uncritable, and as a paladin we could achieve uncrushable 24/7 unlike warriors or bears. By late T5 there was enough avoidance and defence on the gear that we only had to start stacking stam for T6 stuff. BC as a prot paladin was great, I'd share MT duties with a prot warrior depending on the fight as we had different strengths and weaknesses. WotLK is when they started the great tank parity and I just became the MT. That's when they had to remove the defence stat so DKs could tank as they couldn't use shields (more so for the stats rather than the blocking). TPS was also a joke by then too.

To change things up as it was getting stale I did change to a blood DK in Cataclysm and the rune juggling was pretty fun and we found out a lot of ways to cheese fights by timing my blood strikes, AMS and some other cool downs and I would take hardly any damage. The thrill was well and truly gone by then though. I ended up finishing the expansion in Dragonsoul on a rogue and haven't raided since.

Defence rating, hit and expertise were still in during Wotlk since that when I was an occasional fill in tank. Defence rating went at the end of wotlk though.

Some people enjoy tanking more now though and lucky enough that the current main tank, even in this semi casual guild is damn good, and pushes out extremely competetive dps as tank too.

That’s right, defence was still around but crushing blows we’re removed from boss attack tables because DKs couldn’t reach uncrushable and blizzard wanted to remove some of the RNG. I knew it was one of them :p.

Completely different game now anyway so not fair to complain! Many still enjoy or prefer it, some of us miss tanking fights like Hydross and Illidan.

Last edited:
I just decided to pick this up from the beginning I understand how it was such a success has aged pretty well imo. Going to stick with it for now til I get to level 20 and decided if I want to invest and just do the boost
Drop it now and wait for World of Warcraft: Classic and start the real journey

The Azerite system is a pile of garbage and the devs are so incompetent that class balance is worse than it has been for quite some time. Shelved it back in the middle of Legion and the systems they've put in place, the pruning down of utility, the gutting of retribution paladins, etc have vindicated that decision.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back