World Series of Poker (WSOP) 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Played with Hai Bo Chu quite a bit, didnt realise he was from Sydney tbh, thought he was a local boy.

Hes pretty solid though, I dont enjoy him having position on me. Hope he can bink well

I thought he used to be from Sydney, but I could be mistaken. It does look like he lives in Melbourne.

I'm interested to see how many Australians mistakenly get listed in the ME field as being from Austria (a la Andrew Hinrichsen last year). Really, is it THAT hard?

Gruissem gone, 10 remaining.

Would love to see Hellmuth bubble shoving 2bb with AK and getting called by the BB with 74o or something.

I wonder if Hellmuth is the only pro with 100% of himself? Has he said whether or not hes sold shares considering he won a satty

Also, does this bracelet count as a real bracelet?

Trickett is my fav to win, love the guy.

And I hate Brian Rast.

Trickett is also pretty likeable having watched him play a lot of those UK cash games. Going for him, but have nothing really against Rast, afterall, he did deny Hellmuth that 50k last year.

Hope Trickett wins, then either Hellmuth or Esfandiari based on what it might do for pokers popularity.

Guy taking it down and donating it all to charity would be choc-full of win though.

I think it does count as a bracelet. Gotta be Esfandiari 3rd with Rast and Hellmuth battling heads-up again.

Wow, Antonio!!! Didn't expect Guy to bust 5th. Remaining players can now say they've made at least 1MM from this event. Antonio has more than half the chips in play. Be good if Einhorn goes next.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. Hellmuth gone. Just saw the hand. Sure have been some sick big hands at this event.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very happy that Antonio won. Check out the interviews he's done over the past week. I would always root for him, so to speak.

You would think Trickett is the biggest profiter from the event because hes the most likely person to have the largest % of themselves (asides from the businessmen obv)

Antonio probably had maybe 7-15% of himself?

Could be way off but hes not famous for playing big bi events

Had Antonio even played any of the $100k events before this?

That quads hand was pretty sick, I was pretty sure I knew Rasts hand on the turn (he never has Ah and a pair to call because the board was 8 high on the flop IIRC, and any sets had to raise either the flop or turn). He snap called, I kinda fistpumped because I had Rast in a last longer vs Hellmuth, and Trickett rolls quads... :(

Fun event, interesting to see if Antonio does any commentary for ESPN after this for the ME, or the WSOP stream.

amazing $$$ to win. payout structure was pretty weird though. 8th to 5th didn't even double their money, 4th just did, 3rd a bit more than it goes through the roof for the top 2 .... ??

There is an article that explains Trickett was staked for the full buyin and a 50/50 arrangement which would be pretty sick

PH tweeted he had 15% of himself

Remove this Banner Ad

Back