World Series of Poker (WSOP) 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Rettenmaier Doubles on First Hand After Dinner

Posted < 1 min. Rob_K • Level 24: 15,000-30,000, 5,000 ante

bc6f0659e70.jpg
Marvin Rettenmaier
Maxx Coleman raised to 60,000, and Marvin Rettenmaier pushed all in for his last 395,000. Coleman thought for a minute before calling, and he turned over
4s.gif
4d.gif
, and he was behind Rettenmaier's
ac.gif
da.gif
. The board came
2h.gif
2s.gif
6d.gif
qd.gif
qc.gif
, missing both players, and Rettenmaier doubled up. "Mad Marvin" now has 880,000 in chips.

Damelian busts in 56th for $123.6K, leaving Glazier (in 28th with 3.17M) as the sole remaining Aussie.

50 runners left. Timoshenko leads with 9.6M.

37 left, 40k pay jump with 1 more bust out but Jackie is 36/37 and needs a lot of luck to go much further.

EDIT: She just doubled. JJ > AK aipf. J88Q4. Up to 3.6m. Now 25/37.

Really interesting situation involving Doc Sands at this years main event

Cliffs
Doc tweets about a guy at his table whos dad died that day, how bad he feels for him etc
Doc later tweets how he lost a hand with 90% equity when he couldnt fade and is left with 5bb at end of day

Now a guy creates a thead on 2p2 about the situation

Doc and the guy whos father died are getting along really well, the man has his bags packed because hes leaving home that night, regardless of what happens. He says if he could give his stack to anyone it would be doc, doc offers him a 1% freeroll because he feels so bad

Second last hand of the night, the man opens UTG, doc tank flat calls, flop KQJ, man cbets and doc tank calls, turn 7, guy says to doc if you raise I fold, he bets and doc tanks again, then guy shows his hand to Doc and its 53 for 5 high, TD is called over, because hand is HU TD rules it plays as normal, doc still tanks then shoves all in for about a touch more than a minraise, guy snap calls with the 5 high, Doc has A7

River is a 5, guy is extremely apologetic to Doc, day ends and the guy never returns, his stack is blinded out on day 2

37 left, 40k pay jump with 1 more bust out but Jackie is 36/37 and needs a lot of luck to go much further.

EDIT: She just doubled. JJ > AK aipf. J88Q4. Up to 3.6m. Now 25/37.

Now 22/37 on the dinner break with 3.73M.

Chip leader has a touch under 19M. 2nd has 13.7M and 3rd (JC Tran) 10.4M.

Stacked feature table includes Glazier, Tran, Timoshenko and Carlos Mortensen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ive met Jay Farber before in Vegas, I reached out to him on 2p2 and he helped me out with some table bookings etc on one of my trips there and spent some time with us at XS, hope he comes second to Jackie

Not a lot being made of Steve Gee's back to back performance, maybe because of his epic blow up to bust 9th last year

I remember reading about how heart broken he was at what happened last year and how he wasnt over it. He considered it as losing millions rather than winning 700k, something I think most players can relate to

Would love for him to make it back and see how he handles it this time

She's out in 31st for 229k. Lost a race AQss < TT. Moves to 17th on Australian Money List and 20th on Women's List.

So close but ...

Yeah there is a lot 220k can buy but at the moment it wouldn't come close to consoling her

Really put her name out there though which would be great for her Ivey poker relationship

I used to think busting first hand of the main event would be the worst but it seems every hand deeper you go the worse it would be

Not a lot being made of Steve Gee's back to back performance, maybe because of his epic blow up to bust 9th last year
People tend to only notice the winner's follow-up performance, but Gee has been super impressive this year. Sadly he's since busted (24th).

I was reminded '11 Nov-niner Sam Holden finished 55th last year. As already noted in previous posts, it seems in the last few years that at least one of the FT has had back-to-back deep runs.

Start of day chip leader Anton Morgenstern is gone (in 20th)! He had 22M at the end of day 6, with 2nd having 14M. Unbelievable.

Down to 2 tables now. Tran 4th, Mortensen 6th.

11 remain. JC Tran leads with close to 36M. Short stack has 2.6M; next shortest 7.1M. Mortensen 8/11 with 9.9M.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back