Crowboy#32

Team Captain
Jun 19, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
888,FPR,Norwood
After two rounds of the series five times champion Brooke Tatnell leads the series after winning the opening round on friday night then backing up with a third place finish saturday night in round two, There is a three way tie for second spot in the title chase between Robbie Farr, Max Dumsney and David Murcott. The series races in Kalgoorlie on Wednesday night and then in Adelaide on saturday night. This is an awesome form of motor racing to watch with more passing that the majority if not all other forms of motor sport.

This is an awesome form of motor racing to watch with more passing that the majority if not all other forms of motor sport.

No more then other speedway divisions. Also depends greatly upon the track. Whilst it's terrific at a place like Kwinana, there are plenty of tracks out there with just the 1 racing line and it all gets a bit monotonous.

was at kwinana for rd 2 on sat night and the track went as slick as
i have ever seen it.... not good racing conditions

i will never forget world series last yr in a heat race at kwinana when
donny and brooke went at it in a heat race swapping the lead coming off and into each turn for 6 staright laps..

it is on you tube and such an amzing race !!!

imo it is right in saying that not many, if any other motor sports come close to sprintcar racing.........

i will never forget world series last yr in a heat race at kwinana when
donny and brooke went at it in a heat race swapping the lead coming off and into each turn for 6 staright laps..

I've seen similar races in Late Models, Super Sedans, V8 Dirt Modifieds, Speedcars, Formula 500 etc

Just because Sprintcars are most publicised, don't think good racing is restricted to them. Far from it.

imo it is right in saying that not many, if any other motor sports come close to sprintcar racing.........

sprintcars are a division, not a motor sport

sprintcars are awesome. The sound, the passing the wheelstands! If you ever get the chance to go to warnambool and see them its amazing! the classic held australia day weekend is a 2 day event which attracts 65 + sprinters!

I've seen similar races in Late Models, Super Sedans, V8 Dirt Modifieds, Speedcars, Formula 500 etc

Just because Sprintcars are most publicised, don't think good racing is restricted to them. Far from it.

sprintcars are a division, not a motor sport
yes very true.. i should say not many, if any sports come close to speedway........

do agree that it is not just sprintcars but every other field of car/bike that makes it as good as it is :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Has anyone got a run down of what went wrong for Jason Johnson in the 'A' mains?

in rd 2 he went strong throught he whole night...
time trial was super quick, in a heat race he came from 9th to 3rd inside half a lap........ and then ended up winning the heat

started off pole in the feature but went backwards from the start..
dropped back to about 4th or 5th very quick and i believe finished in 4th..

You're right stokes!! He would have to have been a 200 to 1 shot at least!

As for Johnson, first night blew a motor after 5 laps, second night...finished strongly if I recall.

You're right stokes!! He would have to have been a 200 to 1 shot at least!

As for Johnson, first night blew a motor after 5 laps, second night...finished strongly if I recall.

on night 2 like i said, he started off on pole and went backwards straight away...

and never went forward or any further back from there... finished 4th

brooke takes out rd 4......

looks as though it was from start to finish..

pretty basic and uneventful race..

if anyone was there or seen it, would like to know how the night went :thumbsu:

brooke takes out rd 4......

looks as though it was from start to finish..

pretty basic and uneventful race..

if anyone was there or seen it, would like to know how the night went :thumbsu:

Flag to flag for BT last night. The only time Robbie Farr got near him a yellow came out which ended any hope of him getting up and around him. Track was really fast so there wasn't a great deal of passing the entire night, Danny Reidy for mine was the driver of the night. Got a terrible draw in qualifying and had an average lap but his heats were sensational. Was the only guy willing to drive around the outside which is stranger because it was working for him in a big way.
Steven Lines set quick time and was awesome in his 1st heat, passed Brooke around the outside and made plenty of nice moves until he had mechanical problems with 2 laps to go.
Jason Johnson had problems in his 2nd heat and than again in the B Main which ended his night and continues his terrible start to the season.

Good to see Dave Murcott sitting in 3rd in points at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yes very true.. i should say not many, if any sports come close to speedway........

do agree that it is not just sprintcars but every other field of car/bike that makes it as good as it is :thumbsu::thumbsu:

I love speedway but i also love fast cars and action, not idiots that cant drive crashing into each other like you get in the Streeties and Supers.

Sprintcars
Speedcars
Late Models all three of them are sensational to watch.

F500 :mad: i hate them pieces of crap, caution after bloody caution.

Just as a matter of interest for those who have never driven a division, V8 Dirt Modified champion Tim Morse has some in-car camera footage here http://www.racing.tmi.com.au/video_avalon_071110.html and here http://www.racing.tmi.com.au/video_toowoomba_071117.html

Whilst the races were pretty average, it's an insight nevertheless. Part 2 of the 3rd video shows a few nice outside passes by him.

The 2nd vid on the 2nd link shows plenty of passes

The second link gives a better overview of races and show how underrated this division is in terms of speed. They also put on some great racing, but as said, these are not great examples. Doesn't help when they are low on numbers and the Australian champion is has pole

was it start to finish ?? braz all the way, out on his own...

reading the results it looks as though he was dominant all night..

Flag to Flag my friend. Had lapped up to tenth and was on the rear nerf bar of Tatnell to put him a lap down until a caution came out.

Flag to Flag my friend. Had lapped up to tenth and was on the rear nerf bar of Tatnell to put him a lap down until a caution came out.
ahh ok.. typical braz then........

he has always had the ability, just dosnt have the consistancy or the
right head to become an outright genius on the track..

i still remember when he was 21 and he came over here and ran
wheel to wheel with Rony K when Ron was Oz#1...

wow !!! what a run from Jason Johnson !!!!!

4 features in a row :eek:

and still has no real shot at winning the points... is what 1 DNF can do..