World Test Championship 2019-2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Is India in England right now? Are they going to have any kind of warm-up match? Not even an intra-squad match? I understand Covid restrictions but it all seems a bit amateurish if that is the case.

EDIT: they landed in London today

Good call. They have the world #1 Test ranking & just spent all day yesterday spanking England all over the park. They must be total rubbish. You're right.
They're not....

Last edited:

I've had a theory for a while that we as a country don't actually like cricket that much. We just watch it because it's what we've always done between December 26 and January 26 each year.

The lack of interest in this from Australian broadcasters (which we can assume is because ratings would be poor) certainly doesn't put that to bed.

Australia's self-proclaimed 'home of cricket'* will more than likely pick up the rights as they so often do in these scenarios. I've lost count of the amount of times they've got a series last minute over the last few years. However it speaks to how insular we are as a cricket viewing public that there is not really any demand to watch it.

*Played in Australia involving Australians between Boxing Day and Australia Day.

I've had a theory for a while that we as a country don't actually like cricket that much. We just watch it because it's what we've always done between December 26 and January 26 each year.

The lack of interest in this from Australian broadcasters (which we can assume is because ratings would be poor) certainly doesn't put that to bed.

Australia's self-proclaimed 'home of cricket'* will more than likely pick up the rights as they so often do in these scenarios. I've lost count of the amount of times they've got a series last minute over the last few years. However it speaks to how insular we are as a cricket viewing public that there is not really any demand to watch it.

*Played in Australia involving Australians between Boxing Day and Australia Day.

This has been Fox's modus operandi for a while. Wait until as close to the start date as possible, probably to get a better deal on the cost. They'll want to tap into the Indian expat market for this match, they surely will sign a deal.

More interested to know if the West Indies/South Africa series will be broadcast.

This has been Fox's modus operandi for a while. Wait until as close to the start date as possible, probably to get a better deal on the cost. They'll want to tap into the Indian expat market for this match, they surely will sign a deal.

More interested to know if the West Indies/South Africa series will be broadcast.
Yeah they've done it plenty of times and it's clearly a good business tactic for them. It's more damning that no one seems to have any interest in swooping in and getting it before them given the rights have been available since March.

but they're showing a live Eng vs India Women's Test (starting 16th Jun at 10:40pm) , so presumably that would rate lower.

Keep in mind we are talking about an inaugural final of a very flawed competition which could have a very short shelf life for all we know. Add in the fact said nation isn't in it so it's not that surprising there isn't huge hype.

That said the fact India is in it means there is zero chance they don't pick up the rights.

Lack of interest at the price the ICC wants. They presumably think it is a premium product and would want to charge accordingly. Fox say it's just another game involving two non-Australian sides. We'll see.

Kohli isnt even in the best top 3 batsman in his own team yet alone the world at the moment. Nearly 500 days since his last century - against Bangladesh.

Should drop himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

46 wickets now at 14.17.

Where’s all those morons now calling him a flash in the pan?
I don't think I was one of those, I haven't seen enough of him to be sure of anything.

How much does he need a helpful surface? At his pace there wouldn't be much room for error on flatter tracks I wouldn't think. Accuracy and smarts are more important than pace, and he still would have the bounce, so he might still do well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back