World Test Championship Final.

Remove this Banner Ad

I would back the Aussies against the Kiwis anywhere
I am with you there. The Black Caps have an aging team so there will soon be a need for a changing of the guard. Is there another Williamson, Southee or Boult emerging in Kiwi cricket. Kyle Jamieson will be star. Who else?

His century at the G and his composed leadership overall I thought was outstanding. I particularly appreciated his humble nature after the Gabba win and when he used that opportunity whilst on the platform to acknowledge Lyon and present him with a gift for his 100th test. All class.
Absolutely. That was a classic knock. I was there when he tonned up at the G in 2014. One of my favorite batsmen to watch.

Australia and NZ series in future to be a 5 match series.

I'd like to see that. Think Australian authorities will definitely give NZ a lot more respect after this.

Previous admins of Cricket Australia when planning fixtures always treated them like the rams.
Let's not completely lose our minds over the next week folks. Australia & NZ are never playing a 5 match test series, not now, not in a million years from now.

Also you may want to look at your own cricket board regarding how many tests you play before completely blaming it all on CA

He's averaging 37 with the bat since the start of 2017 and 28 since the start of 2020. Let's not go nuts.
37 still isn't that bad. I'd also wager that his away average is higher than his home record. Always seems to be the first guy thrown under the bus when things go pear shaped, especially by Indian fans themselves.

Would be happy to see at least 3 Tests for the next Trans-Tasman trophy.

I for one welcome our new kiwi overlords.

Lollll my actual Facebook status this morning:

I for one welcome our new Kiwi overloads and would like to remind them that as a trusted member of the ‘slow medium pace and bat at seven all-rounders’ fraternity I could assist in rounding up others to toil in their boutique cricket ground dressing rooms.

Jamieson's current test figures look very impressive, though in all honesty his whole test career has been so far on bowler friendly wickets in NZ and now England.....be interesting to see how he goes on a few subcontinent dust bowls and Aussie roads
I'm gonna have you for plagiarism Freezin ;) Yes said same after he hammered India in first innings. He has thrived in these moist, green and overcast conditions. Having said that, Jamieson is a thinking bowler, uses his added bounce and unpredictability to build pressure. So he may also master the dust bowls and roads. No doubt he will be a star for the Black Caps if he stays fit.

I am with you there. The Black Caps have an aging team so there will soon be a need for a changing of the guard. Is there another Williamson, Southee or Boult emerging in Kiwi cricket. Kyle Jamieson will be star. Who else?

Taylor, Watling and Wagner are their only ‘old’ players really and Blundell you’d assume would take over from BJ

Taylor will be hard to replace but remember they’ve only had Conway for a month so he’s a pretty decent replacement. One batsman and one bowler they need to replace really and even without Wagner they still have three good quicks. Ferguson is a candidate as well

It will be in New Zealand so don't hold your breath
Although it has been well documented that Cricket NZ have a problem financially hosting longer Test series' I'm at least hopeful that this WTC win might convince them to take a gamble on it for the next couple of summers at least.

Lol Kohli whingeing because they lost

He's still not wrong though. If India had won there would be plenty of people complaining about this.

Lots of people here whinge about 2 match test series all the time but some have no problems with a one-off test match. A bit weird.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taylor, Watling and Wagner are their only ‘old’ players really and Blundell you’d assume would take over from BJ

Taylor will be hard to replace but remember they’ve only had Conway for a month so he’s a pretty decent replacement. One batsman and one bowler they need to replace really and even without Wagner they still have three good quicks. Ferguson is a candidate as well
Yeah Lockie Ferguson is another weapon. Hope to see him debut in Tests soon as I'm not sure how much shelf life he has left. Think he's almost 30 already.

Jamieson's current test figures look very impressive, though in all honesty his whole test career has been so far on bowler friendly wickets in NZ and now England.....be interesting to see how he goes on a few subcontinent dust bowls and Aussie roads
I'm gonna have you for plagiarism Freezin ;) Yes said same after he hammered India in first innings. He has thrived in these moist, green and overcast conditions. Having said that, Jamieson is a thinking bowler, uses his added bounce and unpredictability to build pressure. So he may also master the dust bowls and roads. No doubt he will be a star for the Black Caps if he stays fit.

Sorry mate, haven't read all the posts, didn't mean to steal your thunder. Hopefully Green can find his bowling mojo at the Test level and start taking a few five fors like Jamieson, plus score a runs with the bat.

Lol Love this comment

This definitely has to be brought in. I'm not saying this because we're not on the winning side,

Crap if India had won this would not of even been brought up

It’s a whinge but if anyone else said it everyone would agree.

he’s right. If the tournament was composed entirely of one off matches it would be fair but it’s not, it’s made up of series. It seems strange that the deciding factor in the tournament is a single game. Especially when the game is in neutral territory.

He's still not wrong though. If India had won there would be plenty of people complaining about this.

Lots of people here whinge about 2 match test series all the time but some have no problems with a one-off test match. A bit weird.

Why we all knew about this one off test for the past 2 years and how the World Championship would work

So let me guess... Kohli wants a 3 test series to be held to decide the championship....let me guess in India every year

Although it has been well documented that Cricket NZ have a problem financially hosting longer Test series' I'm at least hopeful that this WTC win might convince them to take a gamble on it for the next couple of summers at least.
The only thing that will convince of anything is their bottom line.

As of right now, they are scheduled to play a 2 match away series against India and then the next 2 home summers all 2 match series again against SA, Bangladesh & Sri Lanka. Bet this doesn't change at all.

Why we all knew about this one off test for the past 2 years and how the World Championship would work

So let me guess... Kohli wants a 3 test series to be held.....let me guess in India every year
And what would be wrong with rotating the final? India had the conditions against them this match, what would be wrong with them having it in their favour if they made the next final?

he’s right. If the tournament was composed entirely of one off matches it would be fair but it’s not, it’s made up of series. It seems strange that the deciding factor in the tournament is a single game. Especially when the game is in neutral territory.
It's his board and their scheduling that stops it being a series.

Unfortunately I don't think there will ever be a longer than 1 match final.

2 reasons

The Cricket calendar is already squeezed as it is
If India doesn't make the final every time the TV people will throw a fit.

So let me guess... Kohli wants a 3 test series to be held to decide the championship....let me guess in India every year

So what if he knew about it?
If you knew ahead of time that an unfair law was about to be passed through parliament, would it make your complaint after it came into effect any less valid?

you’ve bagged him for whinging, fair enough, but I’m yet to see you make any statement as to why he’s wrong

A best of three final will add some prestige to the event..something the ICC missed this time. Dunno about whingeing. Kohli said at start of the final that only playing a single game (for such an important historical occasion) felt like any other Test match.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back