World Test Championship Final.

Remove this Banner Ad

The three years of matches before that do a decent job of ensuring the best two sides, and then it's all or nothing.

A one-off final is good enough for the FIFA World Cup, AFL, NFL, Olympic Games, every tennis tournament in the world, the Sheffield Shield, you name it.
When was the last time Australia played in a test series v NZ in NZ?

Just had a look at the squads, a couple of their better players are injured and not playing. Shows how much I've been paying attention. My focus is on the Ashes. Would love to win the WTC but a loss wont mean much, as long as we perform against England.
Whichever way it goes Aus beat OR draws v India but lose or draw v England, Australia wins WTC, HOORAY. Australia loses to India but wins or draws Ashes, Australia retains Ashes HOORAY, Australia beats both India and England HIP HIP HOORAY,The only issue is if Australia loses both; BOO. The media can spin it any way it likes. But it will be the weather or unlucky or injury or some other excuse.

Logistically very difficult. Where in Australia could you play two tests right now?

This may be completely idiotic from a non Western Australian.

However, I would have thought a winter wicket at the WACA would be logistically possible with WA's winter climate with the right protection.

However, I would have thought a winter wicket at the WACA would be logistically possible with WA's winter climate with the right protection.
I am currently on Adelaide Terrace, where it is nine degrees, down from a maximum of 12. And I got hailed on this morning.

Also, as much as I have seen some excellent cricket at the WACA over the years, it is a s**t-heap that should be knocked over. It would be a disgrace to hold a World Championship final there.

Logistically possible yes, but Perth has the wettest winters in the country. It's been pissing down the last 3 days.

Brisbane would the best because its rain is mostly in summer and they could drop in a pitch at the Gabba. Have the lions play a home game at carrara in the interim.

On the topic, the forecast in London is for rain on days 4 and 5

Last edited:
I'm just going to lock this thread while the 2023 final is on so we don't get confusion as to what the match thread is.

If you would like to discuss the WTC final go here:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back