World Test Championship Final.

Remove this Banner Ad

ICC feel that if England can't win, nobody can.

Do these people have a problem with driving in the dark too, or just do what the rest of the developed world do and turn their lights on?

A Kohli- led India defy the BCs. I mixed bag from the Kiwi bowlers.. wide wasted stuff and accurate swing that kept asking questions. Rohit and Gill will be kicking themselves for throwing away their wickets after seeing off the new ball. Cant see anything other than a draw with more rain predicted for next two days.

Last edited:
What are the odds the ICC will host the next final in England again?

View attachment 1159234

If the English summer weather wasn’t so awful I wouldn’t be opposed to this WTC final being played annually at Lord’s. I like the idea of having Grand Finals at the spiritual home of the sport (like the AFL at the G, the FA Cup final at Wembley etc).

Might just be me but it seems like they have fewer washouts later in the summer, perhaps that would be a better time to schedule this?

If the English summer weather wasn’t so awful I wouldn’t be opposed to this WTC final being played annually at Lord’s. I like the idea of having Grand Finals at the spiritual home of the sport (like the AFL at the G, the FA Cup final at Wembley etc).

Might just be me but it seems like they have fewer washouts later in the summer, perhaps that would be a better time to schedule this?
For the integrity of the competition you can't have the final in the same country every time as it is too much of an advantage to a small number of teams.

The problem with having it later there is that is when England has their main test series. What happens when England makes the final?

A Kohli- led India defy the BCs. I mixed bag from the Kiwi bowlers.. wide wasted stuff and accurate swing that kept asking questions. Rohit and Gill will be kicking themselves for throwing away their wickets after seeing off the new ball. Cant see anything other than a draw with more rain predicted for next two days.

With a fairly flat pitch and more bad weather forecast a draw seems the most likely result which would be a shame as a final needs a decisive result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the integrity of the competition you can't have the final in the same country every time as it is too much of an advantage to a small number of teams.

The problem with having it later there is that is when England has their main test series. What happens when England makes the final?
I wouldn't be worried about that.

Was pleasantly surprised by the application of the Indian openers yesterday. When we were put in to bat on a helpful wicket under overcast skies, I feared the worst. On an another day, we could easily have been bundled out for 150. So to get to 140/3 was a very good effort and minimised the toss and conditions advantage of the Kiwis.

We're still not out of the woods yet though. NZ could easily pick early wickets tomorrow to get us all out under 250. I think anything close to 300 in these conditions would be a very good score. With footmarks developing, even if the wicket itself isn't helpful to the spinners, they can target those footmarks and will pose problems for the NZ batters who didn't face much quality spin in their series against England. That being said, the weather could still have the final say in the match the way things went yesterday evening.

I agree. Lords is a great ground for sure, but there are at least half a dozen other grounds around the world with a similar sort of cricket pedigree. It needs to be rotated and if you luck into a home final that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

You would think it would have to be in northern hemisphere because otherwise it might throw the newly released calendar out of whack, how the championship is played over 2 years. Hopefully they find a way to work around that though because an MCG final would be great, as would many other grounds.

You would think it would have to be in northern hemisphere because otherwise it might throw the newly released calendar out of whack, how the championship is played over 2 years. Hopefully they find a way to work around that though because an MCG final would be great, as would many other grounds.

MCG is worst wicket in the world

MCG is worst wicket in the world
Only fair thing is to play it in each of the Test playing nations. Play it in England only and people will be screaming home advantage.. likewise India and Australia
it might throw the newly released calendar out of whack
Change the calendar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back