Prediction Worsfold Medal Night winners

Remove this Banner Ad

This is why I don't rate B&F awards at all. Think of all the years that Melbourne were shithouse, there was still a B&F winner in each of those years.

The only players that put in consistently this year were Nic and Redden. Kelly gets a pass for when he was fit.

Fair enough that Cripps made a late run I'm the award, actually hit some form at the end of the year.

The biggest ray of hope for next year is that so many of our player were well below their average (yet alone best), so there is a lot of quick improvement available if we want it.

This is why I don't rate B&F awards at all. Think of all the years that Melbourne were shithouse, there was still a B&F winner in each of those years.

The only players that put in consistently this year were Nic and Redden. Kelly gets a pass for when he was fit.

Fair enough that Cripps made a late run I'm the award, actually hit some form at the end of the year.

The biggest ray of hope for next year is that so many of our player were well below their average (yet alone best), so there is a lot of quick improvement available if we want it.

get what you're saying man.
Gaff gets shat on here when the poor fooker is played out of his best role.. outside winger
Look forward to see changes next season..and still feel a little upbeat about it.

Kinda telling for the club that a guy who's not known for being the fittest person in the world, who plays barely 65% of game time AND had two knee reco's be a back to back B&F winner.

Deserved a flag :'(

Of all the player receiving a huge pay slip at the Club, there is one who is very conspicuous by his absence on the list of the top 10 in the JWM.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that winning total, 200 votes, a record in the award? I don't ever remember anyone getting such a high tally.
Well deserved, btw. Really the only one who did the jumper proud.

Votes per game

Naitanui 9.09
Sheed 7.27
Gaff 7.10
Redden 7.61
Darling 6.18
Kelly 6.79 (7.59 adjusted for 2 games injured early)
Cripps 5.82
Barrass 7.69
Cole 5.41
Allen 5.38

Barrass has done really well to make top 10 on the back of only 16 games. Redden played 18 and Kelly 19 but was injured during 2 of those games

The others all played either 21 or 22 games and were the only players that did.

For the record Monocle gov only played 15 and was injured early against Geelong. More concerning is the absence of Sheppard who played 20 games and is the only player with that many games not in the top 10

Is that winning total, 200 votes, a record in the award? I don't ever remember anyone getting such a high tally.

Yeo got 273 in 2018, 42 votes ahead of Redden.

Big fan of Cole featuring tbh. I think he has a big role to play if we're to be more aggressive off half back.
Cole did some hilariously bad mistakes towards the end of the year but overall year as a whole was solid and improved on 2020.

Naitanui won with 194 votes in a shortened season last year

Shuey won with 258 in 2019

On that basis it would seem the voting system has changed

Geez Sheed getting 2nd is bleak, his best and worst has got to be one of the biggest gaps in the AFL. I don't see how his game changes next year but I guess we can hope he turns it around.

Of all the player receiving a huge pay slip at the Club, there is one who is very conspicuous by his absence on the list of the top 10 in the JWM.
Gov needs to grow up/harden up a little...as VC,\sometime captain, his onfield theatrics, gesticulating at umpires does not scream leadership\to\ me.
refer Cpt Hurn
Understand if hip injury has hindered him this year, but that stuff separates real leaders from pretenders

Geez Sheed getting 2nd is bleak, his best and worst has got to be one of the biggest gaps in the AFL. I don't see how his game changes next year but I guess we can hope he turns it around.
confirmed that he was cooked with a bung shoulder. Was pretty livid with him this season but he really dropped post by after a good start.
Sheed is a B grade tbh and whether he plays inside or outside, he needs better mids around him. Problem this season was that he was leading the midfield for majority of the season

confirmed that he was cooked with a bung shoulder. Was pretty livid with him this season but he really dropped post by after a good start.
Sheed is a B grade tbh and whether he plays inside or outside, he needs better mids around him. Problem this season was that he was leading the midfield for majority of the season
Guess it just frustrates me more as with our best 3 mids Yeo/Kelly/Shuey all mostly injured - we get to the mid season draft, waste a pick on Will Collins and then play Connor West at HFF. Like there was options to bring in a mid/do something about it.

Hopefully next year Sheed is the rotation option (and fit) and Gaff is permanently on the wing.

Sheed was genuinely good early in the season and then turned to s**t. Played a lot of games, not surprising with his finish.

That's the year we had people, everyone except NN was either terrible or injured or both.

HoneyBadger35 agree re Cole, I think he could become something like Salem at Melbourne. Kid's got tools and a lot of heart.

Strangely optimistic for next year, I think the penny's dropped and nobody is happy with how we went. Interesting Simpson opining about 'unity'; clearly we weren't on the same page in 2021. Excited for the new assistants, no favourites, clean slates and new voices.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back