Coach Worsfold - On the brink?

Remove this Banner Ad

Johnny Bananas

Premiership Player Hater
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I'd toss him and make Caracella coach. Let Worsfold go back to Perth and reunite with his family, he'll be happier and the club will be better off too. Maybe Worsfold takes over at Freo when they finally get rid of Ross Lyon, but I doubt it. He probably isn't coaching at AFL level again. Perhaps he can go back to South Fremantle.

Adz

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'd toss him and make Caracella coach. Let Worsfold go back to Perth and reunite with his family, he'll be happier and the club will be better off too. Maybe Worsfold takes over at Freo when they finally get rid of Ross Lyon, but I doubt it. He probably isn't coaching at AFL level again. Perhaps he can go back to South Fremantle.
Commentary on 6PR.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Even then it took a large review and a change of assistant coaching staff.

What do we know about the quality of assistant coaches at Essendon? Neeld has already been sacked.
6A50AFBB-46BE-40B7-A8D0-F22700DCBCDE.jpeg

Greggy Dee

Debutant
May 28, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal,Victory,SF Giants
On Footy Classfied they showed clips of Hardwick,Fagan,Lyon,Chris Scott etc being animated then they show Woosha and he's just sitting on the bench as the goals tick over.

Your team had 21 goals in a row kicked against you show some ******* passion
In Worsfold's defence, he wasn't animated when Tippa kicked the winning goal against North a couple of weeks ago either.

Duskfire

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Geelong
I don’t get the animated argument. Chris Scott gets mocked constantly because of it. John Worsfold has always been a calm stoic person regardless of the situation. If they wanted someone animated they would t have hired him.

AFL is such a fickle sport. A few weeks ago he was fine. Essendon will probably make finals. It’s nuts that despite all that, that amount of pressure is still on him. What if they win their first final? Everyone looks like an idiot.

I swear we are all bloodthirsty for coaches demise. Why is it just the coach? Why is Dodoro not under pressure?

Oct 22, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Essendon
I don’t get the animated argument. Chris Scott gets mocked constantly because of it. John Worsfold has always been a calm stoic person regardless of the situation. If they wanted someone animated they would t have hired him.

AFL is such a fickle sport. A few weeks ago he was fine. Essendon will probably make finals. It’s nuts that despite all that, that amount of pressure is still on him. What if they win their first final? Everyone looks like an idiot.

I swear we are all bloodthirsty for coaches demise. Why is it just the coach? Why is Dodoro not under pressure?
We should get Brad for the next time the oppo kicks 21 unanswered against us.

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon

Has to win a final to keep his job imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
The last two weeks have been ******* shithouse but overall I think Worsfold has done a reasonable job with the Dons. With his family in Perth and having already achieved the ultimate as a coach, maybe he’ll just chuck it anyway? Essendon are in a pretty large group of teams in the comp at the moment that fluctuate in form from solid to pathetic from week to week. They’re not far off contending, nor are they far off sliding back down to the bottom it all comes down to player development and hunger.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1

The flaky players wont get any better no matter the coach & the bloke in charge of recruiting got everyone of them to your club.
Heppell looks a good leader is he?
Feel for Rhyce Shaw same problem, flakes.

As for Woosha, time to go.

With the current injuries Essendon have, i doubt Jesus Christ could coach them to a win at the moment.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
With the current injuries Essendon have, i doubt Jesus Christ could coach them to a win at the moment.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower
he wasn't much for holding a team together
one knife in the back and everyone abandoned him.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
Memo Essendon hierarchy

Clarko is not interested!

Clarkson: “I’m. Not. Going.”

Media: “I wouldn’t dismiss Clarkson from this job just yet...”