Coach Worsfold - On the brink?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Lloyd has a point (hurts that I no longer hate that campaigner since his career has ended)

I think there has to be a discussion as to where the club is headed, unfortunately there were high expectations on them this season. There has to be questions around their best 22 injuries aside, and recruitment. But is sacking woosha the answer? And even if it was who replaces him? Not going to get a Longmire, Clarkson type..

Essendon supporters, in general, don't seem to have accepted their descent into mediocrity very well.

EFCsupporters still seem to think the Sheedy/Hird/Lloyd wonder years never ended. Or never should have.

Reality is, most clubs are mediocre now. Including EFC (and NMFC for that matter).

This isn't Woosha's fault.

For the sake of accuracy - it was a wonder year

One guy has been in charge of their recruitment for 20 years and since 2001 they have been between mediocre and absolutely woeful.
Yeah it blows my mind that Dodora wasn’t sent packing a long time ago, he consistently over rates a very ordinary list, trades away top draft picks 3 years in a row topping up to fill a void that exists because of his inability to balance the list properly and in the process history will repeat itself down the track with 3 straight years without access to the elite talent in the draft.1
Worsfold is a average coach if he doesn’t have the right assistants to pick up for his weakness in game day coaching.
But Dodora is absolutely useless yet somehow was given a promotion when he should have cleared out his office years ago.

Daniher is Essendon's only A-grade talent, and he can't walk.

Stringer is an A-grade talent but a Z-grade human, which drags his performance down to a C- average.

Smith is a plucky little B+, Merrett is a somewhat overrated B, Fantasia a B, Hurley a B, Hooker, Shiel and Heppell Cs, and the rest are spuds.

The most overrated, overhyped collection of mediocrities in the AFL, all thanks to their way too many fans in the meeja. Unrealistic expectations. They are performing to how good they are, which is not very.

Mate, rubbish statement. Take the emotional element out and look at your list.
Our lists are so far apart you can’t even compare the two.
You haven’t won a final since 2004. How many finals appearances since?
Seriously, Heppel, Hurley, Saad, Stringer, Tippa those type of guys are B grade. You know why? They are inconsistent.
Zaharackis, Bellchambers and a heap of others are worse.
You got 3 A graders/4 max.
It’s not all on the coach.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

BS, We have our fair share of A B and C grade players, Our coaching is a serious issue along with the culture at the club we need a circuit breaker. Granted we don't have the super elite talent like the tigers but our team is definitely under performing.

Our inconsistency is a problem and that stems from the coaches as well, We continue to give senior players games, as fans we have been calling for Zaharakis and Bellchambers to be dropped at stages throughout the season but the coaches who you say aren't the problem continue to play them.

BS, We have our fair share of A B and C grade players, Our coaching is a serious issue along with the culture at the club we need a circuit breaker. Granted we don't have the super elite talent like the tigers but our team is definitely under performing.

Our inconsistency is a problem and that stems from the coaches as well, We continue to give senior players games, as fans we have been calling for Zaharakis and Bellchambers to be dropped at stages throughout the season but the coaches who you say aren't the problem continue to play them.

Who are you going to replace Bellchambers with?

Was Lloyd involved in Knights getting the knife and Hird being installed at Essendon?
Tim Watson, or as I like to call him, The Architect, was the main bloke at the heart of the whole ******* mess. He had the inside knowledge ( His son, Jobe, the captain) and the ears of many on the board.
His fingers were all over it. So ironic that he and Garry Lyon host a morning radio show together. Lyon had two goes at being " the Club powerbroker" and picking the coach. I'm blocked on SEN, too many architect references via their text machine.
Tim Watson, gets off absolutely scot free over the whole mess. He jumped a pack in '81 and has jumped away from his whole role in that drug mess. Which still haunts us to this day.

Last edited:

I don’t know a huge amount Essendon’s list I just admit but maybe they continue to play guys like that because they are the best option

Sounds like more of a recruitment and development issue to me

The top clubs are all have depth coming out of there ears so as soon as you get players starting to lack they just put someone else in who can do the job just as well

Driving down Nepean Highway, the dickhead nearly walked in front of my car with his ******* kids NOWHERE near a set of lights, then has the audacity to scream at me like I was the moron blindly walking across an 8 lane road you're not meant to walk. EVER.

campaigner of the highest order.
You are lucky you didn't clip the boy !! Talented apparently.

Draper long term, But he should have debuted already, He is ready for senior football.
Now he's injured so that'll need to wait.

So you want to drop Bellchambers and replace him with no one.

You want Zaharakis our. Others never want to see Bagulay and Myers again.

It is fine to say you want people dropped until you realise there is nothing to replace them with.

Which is the whole point - Essendon’s list is not good enough.

I don’t know a huge amount Essendon’s list I just admit but maybe they continue to play guys like that because they are the best option

Sounds like more of a recruitment and development issue to me

The top clubs are all have depth coming out of there ears so as soon as you get players starting to lack they just put someone else in who can do the job just as well

I don't trust that our players know the game plan well enough to just slide in seamlessly like the top clubs, another criticism of the coaches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you want to drop Bellchambers and replace him with no one.

You want Zaharakis our. Others never want to see Bagulay and Myers again.

It is fine to say you want people dropped until you realise there is nothing to replace them with.

Which is the whole point - Essendon’s list is not good enough.

Can't drop belly now.

Clarke, Mynott, Ridley and Ham can all come in to replace a Zaharakis to give him a kick up the back side. We have plenty of options.

Sorry mate, but you got SFA A graders. And that's on Dodoro. You have a few B graders, but they are inconsistent or have reached their ceiling. The rest is just meh.
Don't get me wrong, some of this is one the coaches, but, he can only play the cattle at his disposal. And you have too many blokes who are lazy or pick and choose when they go. And ultimately, they are the coach killers.
If you drop Bellchambers, Clarke is the next ruckman in line. You are better off sticking with big Tom. Dodoro is now on your board i believe and has been a part of the club since 2001? Massive problem there i reckon.
I kind of understand why Woosha has said this is really like his first year of coaching the group as it most likely feels like he has clear air after the doping saga. He has steadied the ship and is achieving some decent results with what he has. As i posted before, if you weren't ripped by the umps in 2 games, you would be in the 8 right now. And it's a different conversation then. I reckon deserves to get to 2020, then if you are at the same juncture next season, then you are entitled to ask the question.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...s/news-story/39ec1676e5a88b973aeda8a72e0f9cb1

Is Essendon insider Lloydy correct? Has Worsfold run his course?

Personally I think Worsfold has done a fantastic job. Anyone who could get a list like that into the finals must have some serious acumen and gameday nous.

But after hearing Worsfold talkiing to the media some absolute desperate nonsense about last year was his first 'real' year as coach - and the common refrain of "well look at how well it went for Richmond after they stuck fat with Hardwick" - makes me think he may be in serious trouble after all.

Look out if they lose to Carlton this week.
We all know what Lloyd really wanted to say, "come back Hirdy we miss you and your french mistress".

Sorry mate, but you got SFA A graders. And that's on Dodoro. You have a few B graders, but they are inconsistent or have reached their ceiling. The rest is just meh.
Don't get me wrong, some of this is one the coaches, but, he can only play the cattle at his disposal. And you have too many blokes who are lazy or pick and choose when they go. And ultimately, they are the coach killers.
If you drop Bellchambers, Clarke is the next ruckman in line. You are better off sticking with big Tom. Dodoro is now on your board i believe and has been a part of the club since 2001? Massive problem there i reckon.
I kind of understand why Woosha has said this is really like his first year of coaching the group as it most likely feels like he has clear air after the doping saga. He has steadied the ship and is achieving some decent results with what he has. As i posted before, if you weren't ripped by the umps in 2 games, you would be in the 8 right now. And it's a different conversation then. I reckon deserves to get to 2020, then if you are at the same juncture next season, then you are entitled to ask the question.

So a team that made finals in 2017 and have added Shiel Stringer Saad and Smith hasn't improved and you think we shouldn't ask questions of the coach?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back