Rumour Worsfold out of Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tigers had a good run with injury which also helps. I think Tigers will struggle if one or two of Martin,Riewoldt,Cotchin,Rance gets injured.

By the finals we did have a good run with injuries but not throughout the year, any team struggles when you lose a couple of A graders but most teams don't even have 4 to lose, no reason we won't be up thee this year as well if the players keep it together which they seem to have over the pre season so far, all back on time and most came back early including our big names.

John Worsfold's family are moving back to Perth while he will commute between Melbourne and Perth for 2018. Seems likely that he will not activate the clause for an extension at the end of next year and retire to Perth and the media.

At the moment there's nothing to indicate that the family will be separating, and that Mrs Worsfold simply doesn't like Melbourne and wants to return to Perth. Worsfold will see out his contract and leave Essendon at the end of 2018.

Nice job.

You posted this in late November... and 7 weeks later, the mainstream media (Channel 7) are finally reporting it.

No doubt he will be coaching in 2018 but if it comes down to family Vs coaching in 2019... the decision should be an easy one for him.

Just reported on 7 News - family have moved back to Perth, he'll be splitting time between there and Melbourne. Contract negotiations with Essendon expected in February, which you'd doubt will go far.

I still think he was brought in just to guide the club from the ashes of the saga now that he's done that the club will get a younger long term coach.

Blake Caracella come on down.

I still think he was brought in just to guide the club from the ashes of the saga now that he's done that the club will get a younger long term coach.

Blake Caracella come on down.
Shall we send you some yellow sashes as well, may as well go all the way and be our new womens team.

Shall we send you some yellow sashes as well, may as well go all the way and be our new womens team.

Dan Richardson comes across over the summer...

A Bigfooty poster (clearly a great source) endorses a past player (Blake Caracella) as a possible replacement for a coach that is still contracted...

You guys won the flag. We finished 7th.

Umm... what are the other similarities you are going on about?

Well done on your well deserved flag in 2017... but if my club was going to try resemble any other, I think they'd set their sights higher than a one year wonder.

A Bigfooty poster (clearly a great source) endorses a past player (Blake Caracella) as a possible replacement for a coach that is still contracted...

Well done on your well deserved flag in 2017... but if my club was going to try resemble any other, I think they'd set their sights higher than a one year wonder.

The way Tigers fans carry on you think they are coming off a 3 peat.

We are the 4th or 5th best performed team over the last 5 years hardly a one year wonder, was the Bomber team of 2000 a one year wonder not a bad one if they were.

We are the 4th or 5th best performed team over the last 5 years hardly a one year wonder, was the Bomber team of 2000 a one year wonder not a bad one if they were.

Still doesn't answer my question about this sudden deluge of Richmond people into Essendon FC that you were referring too.

Essendon of 2000 was a great side for that individual year but there is no doubting the previous years & proceeding years were underachieving. Not sure how that's relevant in this discussion about Worsfold though.

It was only 18 months ago Richmond were losing games by 113 points (Sydney), 88 points (GWS) & 70 points (Hawthorn). Your 2017 premiership was well deserved for being the best team in the finals (by a long way) but I'd hardly be blowing your trumpet about being a model of consistency.

Back to Worsfold's future though and this huge influx (1 - Dan Richardson) of Richmond people into Essendon...

One year wonder?
You know this how?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One year wonder?
You know this how?

That's all you are at the moment. Until (if) you back it up this year... happy to reassess then.

Make no mistake... I'd rather be in your position as reigning premiers than finishing 7th like my club and getting eliminated in Week One of the finals. Doesn't mean you're suddenly going to blitz 2018 as well - just ask the Western Bulldogs (2016). In a couple of months time we all start at 0-0 again.

That's all you are at the moment. Until (if) you back it up this year... happy to reassess then.

Make no mistake... I'd rather be in your position as reigning premiers than finishing 7th like my club and getting eliminated in Week One of the finals. Doesn't mean you're suddenly going to blitz 2018 as well - just ask the Western Bulldogs (2016). In a couple of months time we all start at 0-0 again.
Dogs were only the third side in over 25 years to miss the finals after a GF, why assume the Tiges will be similar? If anything their fall from grace will be a blueprint for the Tiges coaching staff to go to extra lengths to avoid it.

Still doesn't answer my question about this sudden deluge of Richmond people into Essendon FC that you were referring too.

Essendon of 2000 was a great side for that individual year but there is no doubting the previous years & proceeding years were underachieving. Not sure how that's relevant in this discussion about Worsfold though.

It was only 18 months ago Richmond were losing games by 113 points (Sydney), 88 points (GWS) & 70 points (Hawthorn). Your 2017 premiership was well deserved for being the best team in the finals (by a long way) but I'd hardly be blowing your trumpet about being a model of consistency.

Back to Worsfold's future though and this huge influx (1 - Dan Richardson) of Richmond people into Essendon...
Are you this serious in real life?

Dont take that comment seriously;)

Blake will have a lot of suitors, probably before this season is out, would be the pick of the up and comers at this stage.

Worsfold was a good safe pair of hands for players team and club coming off the PED scandal and subsequent penalties. Now they clearly need a more cutting edge coach and department.

I have no problem with other clubs giving opportunities to successful operators from clubs. Benefits the whole comp. I’d love Blake to stay but if he gets an opportunity as senior level good luck to him. He’s done it the proper way IMO and learned the craft from some very successful coaches and environments. No guarantee of course but he is as prepared as you can be to take on a senior gig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back