Worst 250 game player

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeez there are some absolutely atrocious calls in this thread, and Burke and Montagna would have to be right up there.

Peckett I will cop although he's probably more in the 'worst 250 game player the average bigfooty member can remember playing'. I mean looking at that list, just for example, who is Bernard Toohey?

A quick glance at his afl tables page: 263 games spread across 3 clubs, never averaged more than ~15 touches, career best of 6 brownlow votes in a season an outlier, seems to be exactly the type of run of the mill player with longevity Peckett was but just less fresh in the mind. Toohey's just an example, there's a bunch of blokes on that list most here wouldn't have seen play.

Ok, I get Green and possibly Bruce. White and Yze are just ludicrous suggestions.

Even Peckett knows he's the answer here

Awwww ok

Let's make shit blokes a prerequisite

Ablett and Carey come at the top, worst 250 game players
A bit stiff to talk about Hird and drugs, but neglect to mention those two.

Sad that people feel the need to attack some players who have done something we can only dream about, playing AFL. Not only once but more than 250 times which suggests posters know more than professional coaches and selectors.
This will do me!

Just another slag off a team you hate thread, but with a bit more direction

That was his thing. Got the job done week in week out without any fuss or fanfare. He probably could have kept going if not for Laidley moving the older guys on when he took over. He could probably even pull on the boots today he's in such good nick.

When I think of Blakey I think "Never played a bad game". To have 350 like that is remarkable in itself (of course im sure he did)

The ANZAC day medal? Hirdy won it 3 times.

Anzac day medal....please

I was in an ANZAC day march a few years back, marching for a family member. I turned to the old bloke next to me (a digger from WW2) & asked the crappiest Q of my life & got the best answer of my life.

"So who will win the ANZAC day medal?"

He looked at me & said
"The best way to deserve an ANZAC day medal would be for each team to have a sniper in the stands with 3 bullets. The whistle goes (l think he meant for when they go over the trenches into battle) They charge out the race & the 19 left standing can play football at least that way they would have deserved the medal that honoured the Anzacs".

It put it all into context for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anzac day medal....please

I was in an ANZAC day march a few years back, marching for a family member. I turned to the old bloke next to me (a digger from WW2) & asked the crappiest Q of my life & got the best answer of my life.

"So who will win the ANZAC day medal?"

He looked at me & said
"The best way to deserve an ANZAC day medal would be for each team to have a sniper in the stands with 3 bullets. The whistle goes (l think he meant for when they go over the trenches into battle) They charge out the race & the 19 left standing can play football at least that way they would have deserved the medal that honoured the Anzacs".

It put it all into context for me.

So winning a medal in a big game isn't a great feat because it's not as important as war.

I ****ing hate context.

Here's the list of 208 players.

automatically knock out of this list anyone who has been an All Australian and won their clubs best and fairest. That probably gets you down to 50 players or so.

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/biglists/bg2.txt

So winning a medal in a big game isn't a great feat because it's not as important as war.

I ******* hate context.

No l would say all you have done is prove you don't hate context you jut don't understand context.....

You don't win a medal you earn a medal.......When these boys from WW1 went over the top of the trench you KNEW you were probably a
20-25% chance of being dead in the next ten seconds. Think about that for just a second.....then ask yourself, could you do it?

Then apply that logic to a person who has been in battle & asking them a stupid Q about who will be deemed likely best player on the ground & get a medal for it like l did. I felt like a real c*ck when l thought about his comments.
Where he implied let them run out there knowing three will be dead in a matter of time.....that's the perspective & context he enlightened me with. When l asked a stupid Q.

Getting a medal from playing any one game of football is ridiculous when thrown up as an achievement. Especially when honouring the Anzacs

No l would say all you have done is prove you don't hate context you jut don't understand context.....

You don't win a medal you earn a medal.......When these boys from WW1 went over the top of the trench you KNEW you were probably a
20-25% chance of being dead in the next ten seconds. Think about that for just a second.....then ask yourself, could you do it?

Then apply that logic to a person who has been in battle & asking them a stupid Q about who will be deemed likely best player on the ground & get a medal for it like l did. I felt like a real c*ck when l thought about his comments.
Where he implied let them run out there knowing three will be dead in a matter of time.....that's the perspective & context he enlightened me with. When l asked a stupid Q.

Getting a medal from playing any one game of football is ridiculous when thrown up as an achievement. Especially when honouring the Anzacs

My point is what has me stating Hird won ("earned") 3 medals got to do with your stupid question?

He still has those medals, Obviously things in life are more and less important I just don't understand why you needed to tell me.

My point is what has me stating Hird won ("earned") 3 medals got to do with your stupid question?

He still has those medals, Obviously things in life are more and less important I just don't understand why you needed to tell me.

My comments were in relation to the relevance of your statement regarding the value of the medals.

Meh don`t bother replying, Hirdy is your hero l get it.

My comments were in relation to the relevance of your statement regarding the value of the medals.

Meh don`t bother replying, Hirdy is your hero l get it.
Your argument is non-sequitous. This thread is about comparing footballers who have played 250 games or more and what they achieved in their career. ANZAC medal doesn't compare to honours bestowed on those who served?

Wayne Schimmelbusch is a hack who never won the Victoria Cross.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back