Worst 5-0 eva

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask any Richmond Hating supporter - "How would you feel being 5 - 0 up at the start of the season " ?

Would their answer be - "I want to wait to see the fixture first"...

You know we are traveling well when opposition supporters start hating us again, and using illogical crap to defend their argument. It pains them to understand that Tiger supporters are not fair-weather bandwagon campaigning supporters. We stick phat, win lose or draw. That is the ENVY that they experience, something we can never understand as we don't experience it. We are Richmond supporters.

Gotta say Richmond are where they are today because the club finally decided to make some big calls. We got Balme back, Peggy and Gale have done a great job of running the club/business and stayed out of the media, we traded a club legend Delidio (we have never had the balls to do that) and we traded out Ty a big bloke that we invested years in. I believe those calls and the recruiting of Nank, Caddy and Prestia have been the reasons why we have moved in the right direction. We took educated risks and they've paid off.
Our recruiting all be it terrible in the past has been fantastic the last couple of years and we now have a very good list and VFL side. On top of that we have 2 first round picks this year.
Another big thing was the passion and celebration of all our players and how much you can see the boys love Dimma and he loves them.
Martin will resign don't even worry you can't fake the emotion he shows at times and the love he has for Dimma and his team mates and he's playing like a guy that has a clear mind.
No way am I getting ahead of myself but this is the best and (forget about the 5-0) condition on and off the field I have seen the club in and I'm 34.
We have a mini final next week against the crows and it comes at a perfect time, further to that our youth playing in front of 85000 last night is so valuable for there development. Tiges by 14 points next week.
IM TT and that's my take lol.
All good points. The change in game style has definitely helped as well.

The more I think about it, the more ridiculous the backlash from some oppo fans seems. We've been through 35 years of frustration, disappointment and heartbreak. We're not proclaiming ourselves a premiership contender, just thoroughly enjoying a rare pleasure while it lasts and growing in confidence that our club might have turned a corner. We're still a young side with some genuine superstars and rapidly improving depth. A solid 14 or 15 win season and a finals win is realistic and I don't think anyone other than maybe young kids and the occasional ultrabrightsider has expectations any greater than that.

As far as I can see, the general mood of Tiger fans is perfectly reasonable and proportionate considering our history (both ancient and recent). * them all.

Rookie, i had my kid signed up within 12 hours of being born :p
My daughter's first membership card refers to her as "baby"... she was a member three months before birth.

We have played three teams that are 1-4, one that is 2-3, and the biggest flat track bullies on our home ground. It's good to be 5-0 but we need to keep perspective.

Ah actually Collingwood are 5-0 if they kick straight and the dees are 5-0 if players didn't get suspended or injured ;)

In all honesty though we've won three 8 point games against teams who most would put in finishing anywhere from 4-12.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back