Analysis Worst AFL contracts.

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing about the contracts to Williams and McGovern plus what ever else is that they’re not only ordinary players but they’re also going to cost them one of Cripps or McKay, or put one of them in danger of leaving.
Not wrong, but most clubs have poor contracts like that on their books. Aren't we paying close to $1mil per year between Schache and JJ?

He might be, or he might be permanently done from years of carrying the club.

Reckon both parties will be considering their options at the moment, but his value is plummeting.

He looks like he’s playing sore, but also his mind might be on things off the footy field ?.

From what I’ve seen this year, he definitely seems to need a “freshen up”. If this was not a contract negotiation year, I wonder if the Blues might have sent him off for a long break with surgery + rest the body ?.

It is still Coniglio, nobody else is close at the moment.

Signed on big money till the end of 2026 - even though his team is clearly much better without him clogging up their midfield.

Dan Hannerbery would have to be worse

Definitely Hannebery. At least Coniglio's contract will mostly take place during a rebuild phase and he might turn it around, while Hanners has not only not played, but his salary is impacting during a time when St Kilda would see themselves as contenders.

Dan Hannerbery would have to be worse
Definitely Hannebery. At least Coniglio's contract will mostly take place during a rebuild phase and he might turn it around, while Hanners has not only not played, but his salary is impacting during a time when St Kilda would see themselves as contenders.
Yeah, that is a shocker. I forgot Hanners existed.
At least it isn't as long as Cogs'. I suspect that the last 5 years of Cogs contract will be equally useless.
I wonder if a rebuilding team like North or Ess might offer to take over the end of Hannerbery's contract if the Saints throw in a first round pick?

It is still Coniglio, nobody else is close at the moment.

Signed on big money till the end of 2026 - even though his team is clearly much better without him clogging up their midfield.

That's more to do with gws having a very solid mid group. Cogs would still be handy in a pocket

Nomination three. Tom Lynch.

Had initial success but heavy backend and unknown how he will be pullings up by the season of '25
Dumbest comment I've heard. Richmond with Riewoldt out for a fair bit of 2019 would never have won the flag without Lynch. If you recruit a player and win a flag, regardless of what you've paid it's worth it. Same for Boyd from the dogs. They won a flag. Clubs spend millions every year to win the Premiership and only one club gets it done. Regardless of the back ended contract it was well worth it and RFC will never regret that decision. Just as the bulldogs do not regret paying highly for Boyd. Doggies would not have won that flag without him.

Dumbest comment I've heard. Richmond with Riewoldt out for a fair bit of 2019 would never have won the flag without Lynch. If you recruit a player and win a flag, regardless of what you've paid it's worth it. Same for Boyd from the dogs. They won a flag. Clubs spend millions every year to win the Premiership and only one club gets it done. Regardless of the back ended contract it was well worth it and RFC will never regret that decision. Just as the bulldogs do not regret paying highly for Boyd. Doggies would not have won that flag without him.

Just trying to be neutral mate.

Personally reckon lunch goes alright

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back