Analysis Worst AFL contracts.

big boy jackavoy

Senior List
Oct 4, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What type of money is Zak Jones on?

What if I told you:
Caleb Serong + pick 58 + a future 2nd and 4th round picks + $900K pa salary cap for Brad Hill + a future 3rd round pick
I think I just had a seizure

giphy.gif

Dec 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arizona Cardinals
Hannebery is the worst.

Josh Schache not far behind. Same with dom tyson.

Schache kicked 5 in the VFL this week and looked excellent. He’s no King brother but he’s a chance to have a decent career with the new rules. May get there with us but will probably eek out an ok career in the seniors at a third club if he can’t break into our side.

Tyson was a great player but broken body - same with Hanners. Bad deals for both clubs.

Schnitzengruben

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 4, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Peter Wright has 3. Tipping I know which player will add more value. At least Corr competes.
Corr would be playing VFL at any other club. All that money to "compete" lol.

I reckon Hanners has to be the worst deal. Barely played any meaningful football during his tenure. Gaff not far behind - decent outside player but horrendously overpaid. Polec goes without saying.

Corr would be playing VFL at any other club. All that money to "compete" lol.

I reckon Hanners has to be the worst deal. Barely played any meaningful football during his tenure. Gaff not far behind - decent outside player but horrendously overpaid. Polec goes without saying.

Disagree re. Gaff.

Arguably the best outside runner in the comp. So no real issue with the Weagles paying him accordingly.

Hill and Polec however....on similar wage with a fraction of the output.

Schnitzengruben

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 4, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Disagree re. Gaff.

Arguably the best outside runner in the comp. So no real issue with the Weagles paying him accordingly.

Hill and Polec however....on similar wage with a fraction of the output.
He's a great player but overpaid IMO. You think about those players in that elite pay bracket - Dusty, Bont, Cripps etc...Gaff in there sticks out like a sore thumb.

But then again, when you compare it to Hill or Polec's contract, he'd be underpaid.

Back