Worst AFL journalist and how they ruin the sport for you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Guys as a bit of a budding football journalist myself (see the BFSC board for my livestream of last night's North B&F) I can tell you the job is tougher than you'd think! We're all after a bit of the same pie.

Anyway best of luck, yours in footy

Reep

Try reporting on the game itself. You'll be by yourself very quickly.

Here's another tip - don't dumb down the product to appease wife-beating panelbeaters in Epping. Keep it informative and RELEVANT and respect will come.

Oh boy where can you possibly start

Gerard "I'm neutral to all but Freo" Whateley - ******* oxygen thief of the highest order and has some issue when it comes to Freo (something about Freo beating Geelong in consecutive finals - suck on that Whateley you piece of s**t)

Caro "I don't write about on-field happenings" Wilson - gutter journalism at its worst. How about writing about the game FFS.

Damian "Oxygen Thief" Barrett - piece of s**t and don't get me started on his claiming of stories as exclusives and yet.....they've been in the paper 2-3 weeks prior to that.

Craig "Gutter Trash" Hutchison - thank god this piece of s**t has ****ed off from anything that I watch/listen to/read. Terrible individual

That's just for starters!

Gerard "I'm neutral to all but Freo" Whateley - ******* oxygen thief of the highest order and has some issue when it comes to Freo (something about Freo beating Geelong in consecutive finals - suck on that Whateley you piece of s**t)

Caro "I don't write about on-field happenings" Wilson - gutter journalism at its worst. How about writing about the game FFS.

Damian "Oxygen Thief" Barrett - piece of s**t and don't get me started on his claiming of stories as exclusives and yet.....they've been in the paper 2-3 weeks prior to that.

Craig "Gutter Trash" Hutchison - thank god this piece of s**t has ****** off from anything that I watch/listen to/read. Terrible individual

That's just for starters!

I feel the same way about Slobbo.

There's a lot I don't like for the simple fact that they're compromised by potentially losing AFL accreditation or just being black listed if they don't toe the party line.

For someone who isn't a journalist but was in the media, I miss Grant Thomas, he didn't care and it made him enjoyable to listen too.

He wasn't afraid to let the AFL have it and he wasn't afraid to introduce another perspective to negative stories when everyone else was sticking the boots into a club or a player. If he thought it was unfair and unwarranted then he would say so and defend whoever it may have been.

Liked your post, but I just want to add that writing English, using correct grammar and syntax, is not "writing well".

The fact is that Wilson writes about a topic she understands little about (AFL footy)

This makes her a poor writer.

I don't know why you'd think that Caro understands little about footy. She's been brought up on it.

Any flunky would be able to do a review of a game, leave that for someone junior. Her brief seems to be to right on the machinations of the league and the clubs.

Yeah, he's a sanctimonious spanner.

You're asking for too much, she doesn't even watch them.

Craig "Gutter Trash" Hutchison - thank god this piece of s**t has ****** off from anything that I watch/listen to/read. Terrible individual
He's pretty good on Saturday morning radio. Off the Bench.

Did you think he was an oxygen thief in 2011?
(just out of curiosity)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back