• Colliingwood

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Richmond

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have had some small respect if you stood by your convictions, didn't remove the avatar immediately, and start making jokes.

I see you, Benny. I dare you to change it back. (I have seen this thread before anyway).

German car companies aren't usually associated anymore in the context you associate them with. I'm sorry to have offended you.

German car companies aren't usually associated anymore in the context you associate them with. I'm sorry to have offended you.

If anyone wants to see the actual Nazi image we are discussing on Benny78s avatar, go to google images.... it comes up in first 5 responses.

All this car stuff is just Benny being coy.

why do non victorians have the "v" shape on their jumper, like port and freo?

It’s commonly called a chevron. It’s not a V as such and has nothing to do with Victoria. You will have seen this symbol on military uniforms (on topic I guess...seen as how this has turned into a thread about the bloody nazis of all things...).

Hawthorn obviously. I understand you want to highlight the identity of your club by covering yourself in raw sewerage, but there are more subtle ways.

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Hawk supporters would prefer to change our name before changing our team colors. Don Scott provided some evidence of this.

I know Benny78 is obsessed with color too.

Freo’s purple jumper is the best they’ve had. Actually pays homage to Souths.

Good coasts is a nothing jumper. Absolutely terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you on drugs, mate?

deadley-weapon-battery.jpg

If you asked before the reverted back to what they’ve got now, West Coast without a doubt.

But as they’re back in the wings, it’s a 3 way fight between hawthorn, gws and Adelaide tbh.

Wish they’d cut out 1 or 2 rows of stripes to make it a dark base but then I might worried it destroys the tradition we’ve built up in it for 30 years and being one of 2 (with Collingwood) who has never changed the base guernsey design (they have inverted though)

This is Geelongs jumper in 1897. not much change there.
Geelong-1898.gif

Ok class, you've been reading the source material for 2 pages now. For your major assignment this semester you are to write an essay (1,000-1,500 words) answering one of the following questions:

1. Which AFL team has the worst jumper design, and how can it be linked to Nazi Germany?

2. Should AFL clubs be allowed to wear a 'chevron' on their gurnsey, considering it's historical links to military uniform?

3. What possible explanation can there be for Hawthorn to choose those colours all those years ago? I mean, seriously?

Ok class, you've been reading the source material for 2 pages now. For your major assignment this semester you are to write an essay (1,000-1,500 words) answering one of the following questions:

1. Which AFL team has the worst jumper design, and how can it be linked to Nazi Germany?

2. Should AFL clubs be allowed to wear a 'chevron' on their gurnsey, considering it's historical links to military uniform?

3. What possible explanation can there be for Hawthorn to choose those colours all those years ago? I mean, seriously?
i reckon things would be different if the suns went fir a traditional vfl style sash jumper, maybe the opposite directionto the tigers and bombers

Collingwood by the length of the flemington straight.

Boring, meaningless, yuck.

At least the true Magpies' bars actually look decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back